Mobility in the United States is in the middle of a technological revolution. Yunex Traffic (formerly Siemens Mobility Inc., Intelligent Traffic Systems) partners agencies and companies in their transformation, combining existing infrastructure with forward-looking technology that meets tomorrow's needs today.
We help make agencies smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is more digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Advanced Traffic Management, and Smart Lighting. Also providing Connected Vehicle solutions (V2I) and Mobility-as-a-Service - we are at the forefront of Smart Cities Mobility solutions!
As a Production Engineer at Yunex Traffic, you will set up and maintain production and quality processes to produce Intelligent Traffic System equipment that supports our nation's infrastructure. The product line includes traffic controllers, connected vehicle roadside and onboard units, other ITS devices.
Together with the established engineering team, you will supervise the remote production process to ensure that ITS devices are produced efficiently and meet consistent quality. Regular visits to the production site are required.
At Yunex, we make life better for people, and here we positively impact the quality of life of millions of American drivers daily by making traffic flow safely and efficiently.Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain production processes and upkeep work instructions
- Review product drawings and schematics and software deployment procedures
- Implement methods to inspect and test the products
- Design tooling and scripts for software configuration of the product
- Collect and summarize production and quality data, monitoring trends and identify problem areas early in the production process
- Perform failure analysis
- Lead continuous improvement, problem-solving, and process improvement activities
- Perform first article inspection and testing
- Work with engineering to identify and tackle product quality issues, ensure production occurs quickly and in a cost-efficient manner
- Manage Key Performance Indicators related to product quality and production
- Know the latest industry product specifications
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- BS EE or degree in related Technical Field with 3+ years of proven experience as a production or quality engineer
- Solid understanding of Linux commands
- Demonstrable understanding of agile methods, requirements engineering
- Validated multitasking ability to work both independently as well as in a team setting
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, planning, and abstract thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail, proactively driving assignments and tracking tasks
- Creative thinking and innovation skills to define innovative approaches, concepts, and improvements
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and spoken
- Able to foster collaboration with developers, testers, and partners
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
- Solid understanding of Java or Python scripting
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose
- All employees receive life insurance, short, and long-term disability coverage
- 401k with generous company matching
- Education reimbursement programs available
- Extensive product training and professional career development
You are legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex LLC
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.