Siemens Healthineers is building tomorrow’s talent. Shape the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technologies around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Healthineers;
- Freedom and a healthy work-life balance – Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Be part of exciting and innovative projects that help solve some of the world’s most significant health problems.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education and technology, and sustainability, making a positive impact on communities.
- Participate in our celebrations and social events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
- Siemens Healthineers is proud to be a Great Place to Work-certified company® in Canada for 2020-2021, 2021 Best Workplaces in Ontario™, and 2021 list of Best Workplaces™ for Women.
As a leading medical technology company, Siemens Healthineers enables healthcare providers to increase value by empowering them on their journey towards expanding precision medicine, transforming care delivery, improving the patient experience, and digitalizing healthcare. Siemens Healthineers is continuously developing its product and service portfolio, with AI-supported applications, digital services and clinical Point of Care diagnostic products, that play an increasingly important role in the next generation of medical technology. These new applications will enhance the company’s foundation in in-vitro diagnostic, image-guided therapy, and in-vivo diagnostics. Siemens Healthineers also provides a range of services and solutions to enhance healthcare providers’ ability to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients.
Siemens Healthineers in Canada stands for engineering expertise with a pioneering spirit in exploring and developing business opportunities to help healthcare providers achieve their goal of improving outcomes while reducing costs. Our 800 employees in Canada located across Canada and 54,000 worldwide, work together to deliver solutions for healthcare providers, resulting in 70% of medical decisions being influenced by the technologies we provide.
• 70% of critical clinical decisions are influenced by the type of technology we provide.
• More than 31 million Canadians benefit from Siemens Healthineers products every year.
• An average of 85,000 Canadians per day receive treatment or tests from a Siemens Healthineers device.
• Siemens Healthineers participates in 30 healthcare research collaborations in Canada and around the world.
Under the supervision of the Team Lead, Embedded Software; the Software Developer is responsible for the design, development and documentation of software for Epocal’s in-house and product software applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, document and maintain software for the R&D and Reader production projects.
- Cross platform embedded development in either multi-core systems or heterogeneous multi-processor systems, implementing image processing algorithms
- Hardware testing, verification and troubleshooting, using embedded tools and lab equipment.
- In-house Windows applications development to perform system testing, problem solving and statistical analyses.
- Perform product verification, conduct software releases, meet project deadlines.
- Develops software unit tests and perform manual quality-assurance testing
- Compiles technical documentation of software features and functionality
- Assists in software architecture and design activities.
- Works within the development team and independently, conduct integration of software component and interfaces
- Communicates with engineers and manufacturer's technical support staff regarding programming needs and performance, gather requirements, fulfill user requests, provide assistance and conduct training
- Accountability for completion of assigned tasks.
- Work outputs can be trusted as accurate and sound without detailed review
Note: Duties are not limited to those listed above. Additional duties may be assigned as required. However, reasonable accommodations will be made if all possible under business conditions.
- Reports to Team Lead, Embedded Software
- Coordinates with technical staff (engineering and scientific)
- Supports corporate quality systems and policy via software QA and company QA / regulatory department interfaces
- Requires a degree of independent requirements analysis and liaison with internal and external sources
- FDA/GMP/ISO - highly regulated operating environment
- Solid software engineering skills with knowledge of multiple technologies
- Well organized work habits
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good people skills
Skills & Qualifications (Education and Experience)
- C/C++ and C#/.Net programming
- P/Invoke, C++/CLI, or other methods for creating managed wrappers around C++ code
- Practical experience developing calculation libraries
- Practical experience with image processing algorithms
- Common software tools such as Git, Visual Studio, or similar.
- Additional assets:
- ARM Cortex-M programming, practical experience with STM32H7 microcontroller
- Windows Forms and WPF
- MS SQL Server
- Multi-threaded applications
- Bachelors’ degree in software related engineering or related discipline and/or an equivalent combination of education and technical experience acceptable to Epocal.
- 3-10 years related experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and technical experience acceptable to Epocal.
In our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity, Siemens Healthineers requires employees, contractors, and business partners to be fully vaccinated with relevant dose(s) of a Health Canada approved vaccine for all new hires by their start date.
“Fully vaccinated” means it has been 14 days after receiving the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (i.e. two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series), and which may include, at the Company’s discretion, any further doses in accordance with Health Canada guidelines.
Exemptions will only be granted for medical reasons or on the basis of a protected ground under applicable human rights legislation.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: EPOCAL INC.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.