Data Analysis and Simulation Professional
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
As a Data Analysis and Simulation Professional you will conduct statistical studies to generate data and insights used to innovate, plan and support improved healthcare. You will also be responsible for preparing analysis plans to ensure the best statistical methods are developed and utilized. In this role you will write specifications for files, consistency checks, tables, and calculations used to collect and analyze data from a variety of sources. You will interpret analyses and prepare exhibits for reports and presentations and assist non-technical users with data interpretation and understanding of results.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Perform statistical programming, develop and/or maintain databases
- Advise and assist clients in determining the appropriate analytical methodology to meet their needs and objectives
- Analyzing data using statistical techniques, formulas, and calculations
- Performing statistical tests to determine the reliability and soundness of results
- Describing, interpreting, and summarizing conclusions
- Presenting statistical findings to management in reports that include executive summaries, charts, tables, and graphs
- Documenting processes and keeping informed of technological advancements in the field of statistical analysis
- Perform sample size/power calculations
- Analyze in-vitro diagnostics preclinical and clinical trial data
- Assist in the preparation of the statistical portions of FDA submittals
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in biostatistics, statistics, mathematics or related field
- Working knowledge of SAS programming language, SQL, Data Mining techniques
- 5-8 years of experience in applied statistics
- Ability to work well and flexibly i.e. autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders
- Advanced knowledge of statistical methods, techniques, formulas, and tests
- Ability to liaise with other departments to coordinate data gathering
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Master's Degree in statistics, biostatistics mathematics or related field
- 2-3 years of work experience in the medical device industry
- Knowledge of medical device industry regulatory requirements
- Working knowledge of SAS EG, R, SQL, SQL Server, Data Mining, Predictive Analytics
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for all new hires by their start date.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.