Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.
Let's make the difference together!Meet the team - Video
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
We offer a role with responsibility, independence and the possibility to contribute proactive. We foster a teamwork culture with room for individual development
Please visit https://www.siemens.com/plm.About the role
- Plan, organize and manage the DACH Engineering Services business.
- Active support to the sales operation within DACH
- Building of market awareness through specific lead generation program for target accounts and industries.
- Interface between technical execution teams (Detroit/Lyon/India/Germany) and Countries (ES management, Sales & pre-sales in DACH)
- He or she will work in the Engineering Services engagement management team and will take ownership of the global order intake target for services for DACH.
The engagement manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Planning global market development actions. Selection of key accounts and industries in common agreement with sales teams
- Define a dedicated sales and marketing program with focus on major accounts, towards ES order intake target for DACH, and execute the plan.
- Define and coordinate awareness and lead generation program with support of marketing (including seminars, presence at international conferences, etc).
- Define 3Y and 1Y business plan for DACH, in agreement with ES management
- Anticipate market evolution, through regular survey and market intelligence (by the marketing team); anticipate competition offerings
- Link with local Software support teams to encourage Solution selling
- Alignment/networking with other internal stakeholders (Software-related Services, other Services teams, Software support teams etc)
- Targeted Business Development, deal development and deal closing actions
- Visit target companies together with sales to present Engineering offer and create interest for our services
- Technical support to sales for understanding customer request : on site visits and discussion, exchange of technical information, gathering all required info to make a technical proposal, budgetary estimates of price, refine
- Define the scope of work, develop high quality proposal, delivered on time (in close collaboration with Center of Excellence (COE)).
- Deliver proposal to customer/engagement team and explain value
- Iterate with COE engagement team, sales and customer to close the order
- Document the proposal pricing and agreements made with customer for transferring to the execution team
- Regular follow up of projects and check of customer satisfaction – Maintain good relationships with identified key customers
- Build roadmap with pre-defined major accounts to generate repeat business
- Business reporting and forecasting
- Degree : a university degree in engineering
- Experience :
- 3-5 years experience high-tech engineering business generation
- 5-10 years hands-on experience with main focus on automotive applications
- Specific expertise:
- Understanding of German market
- Broad understanding of multi-physics applications (hydraulics, thermal, electrical, mechanical) and knowledge of 1D+3D Simulation and/or Testing fields
- Ability to translate technical matters and structure them into solutions for customers
- Competences :
- Good presentation skills
- Self confident; good negotiation skills
- Customer oriented
- Strong interest in high tech topics
- Organization and planning
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Service minded attitude
- Strong capability to work under sharp deadlines
- Well organized, self-motivated, a fast learner
- Fluent in German and English
Working at Siemens Software means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here. We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or trade union membership.Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time