Are you passionate about all things design and learning? Do you love writing, developing and curating learning materials for digital delivery?
We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to university for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a degree whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens. Not really sure who we are and what we do? Click here
to find out more.
We have expertise in many areas of technology including traffic systems, rail signalling, electrification, rolling stock and communication systems, helping people get from A to B every single day, safely.
This role is based within Siemens Mobility, whose client portfolio includes Transport for London, Network Rail, various train operating companies, London Underground and many more.
We are recruiting candidates to join our degree apprenticeship scheme who want to make a difference and develop their skills in engineering. You will to get to know us from the inside and see how we can make a difference to society.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 4-year apprenticeship where you will be put onto the Creative Digital Design Professional (Integrated Degree) standard and earn your level 6 degree.
for more information.
This exciting role requires roughly once a month travel to have face to face meetings with colleagues, so we are looking for someone who shows willingness to travel around the country and potentially overseas.
Here is a taste of what you can expect from this apprenticeship:
- Develop various methods of e-learning for the large range of clients and projects we have across our mobility businesses
- As part of your role, you will work with subject matter experts and be able to develop learning solutions that tell a story to depict and invite action and stimulate curiosity
- Develop knowledge of technical standards and processes associated with the transport industries.
- Technically understand our customer requirements and then ensure that solutions are designed and implemented in a methodical manner under the supervision of training and engineering team
- Ensure products or projects are delivered in accordance with Siemens safety and quality/testing procedures and meet all applicable legislation and project requirements.
- Design and create training materials choosing the most appropriate media based on content and impact requirements to internal and external teams.
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content and set instructional end goals and create content that matches them.
- Visualise instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product as well as provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/ media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc) and devise models of assessment such as tests or assessments
We will also expect you to finish the elements of the structured learning plan, attendance to all performance evaluations, rotations across the business as well as developing your professional competence throughout. You will be a valued member within a team of Early Careers professionals (Apprentices/Interns/Graduates) and participate in the Business Improvement Project (BIP) Scheme. The scope of the project is to create and present a solution to executive management and it provides you with valuable team working and presentation skills.
Part of this apprenticeship requires you to be an ambassador for STEM through a multitude of paid volunteering opportunities, such as Greenpower, Big Bang Fair and much more.
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- You will have a minimum of 3 A-levels or equivalent at C or above in computer or engineering related subjects (e.g. maths, science, computing, art and other STEM related subjects)
- Some understating of engineering, rail and /or traffic would be desirable, but not essential
- You will have fantastic attention to detail and a commitment to testing, trialling, observing and re-developing solutions to ensure a great end user experience.
- Flexible with excellent communication and methodological skills. You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions and you have excellent time management and organisation skills
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however it also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
The benefits of a degree apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college and get your degree debt-free whilst earning a salary of £20,000 per annum at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled engineers who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the forefront of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
- Still not convinced? Find out what one of our recruiters Charlotte and her mum had to say about the debate between university and degree apprenticeships by clicking here.
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Instructional Design. Think this is you? Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time