Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager (Electrification & Plant) for our Rail Infrastructure Electrification business in York.Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
The Senior Project Manager has the responsibility for the delivery of a portfolio of complex, high value LV Distribution projects on behalf of Siemens. Leading the delivery of projects with responsibility the aim of completing them safely, on schedule, to budget, to the required standard, achieving the required quality and attaining the customer's satisfaction. In addition, this role will also require some development support for work winning and growing the delivery team.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Support the growth of the E&P business stream, in conjunction with work winning team.
- Coordinate with other Siemen’s business units to develop internal opportunities.
- Take ownership for safe and profitable delivery of multi-disciplinary packages of works either on a singular or portfolio basis.
- Where required lead or directly undertake/ contribute to the preparation of accurate project estimates ensuring that targeted packages of work are secured with a profitable potential.
- Undertake (lead and/ or assist in) all relevant aspects of the company’s negotiations leading to the successful award of packages of work.
- Ensure compliance with pre-commencement company procedures for allocated projects with respect to execution and completion, to ensure that the company liabilities and risks on the project are minimised.
- Retains full Profit & Loss responsibility for work packages and ensures their economic success.
- Ensures the structure of their organisation and resources allocated are adequate to meet the project delivery requirements and company HSQE requirements.
- Defines procedures and requirements for quality management (inspection certificates, tests, acceptance, handover, handback etc.)
- Coaches/Mentors PM and operational staff and colleagues in their own teams and other projects as may be required.
What Skills and Experience do I need?
- Extensive Project Management experience at a similar level delivering Rail Infrastructure Electrification and Plant projects.
- APM qualified or equivalent certification
- Electrical or Engineering degree qualified (preferable)
- Member of or working towards membership of a professional institution.
- Strong commercial proficiency & awareness
- Strong leadership, management and motivational skills.
- Good IT skills/ Computerised Information Systems
- Strong management skills & ability in terms of, written & verbal communication; presentation skills; problem identification, categorisation and solving; people skills; customer management; negotiation skills and organisational change.
- Has a good working understanding of programme software (e.g. P6e) and in the establishment and management of programmes.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.About us
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. #LI-SM1
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time