The Mobility industry is in the middle of a technological revolution. Yunex Traffic - A Siemens Business partner to agencies and companies in their transformation, combining existing infrastructure with forward-looking technology that meets tomorrow's needs today.
The Traffic Signal Electrician is responsible for the maintenance, repair, installation, and ongoing operation of traffic signals, streetlights, and ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) electrical equipment. Qualified applicants will have excellent troubleshooting skills working with a wide range of traffic signals, streetlights, and ITS electrical equipment. Works independently and as part of a team to provide optimum service levels to our agency customers.Responsibilities include:
- Installs, configures, maintains, and troubleshoots various electrical components and devices, such as traffic signals and street lighting equipment.
- Performs repair, removal, and replacement of traffic signal controllers and other equipment.
- Set up traffic control in high and low-speed environments.
- Installs, maintains and repairs electrical wiring for streetlights and traffic signals.
- Completes reports and performs communications per company policy and local practices.
- Reports the technical status of the system with accuracy and completeness.
- Troubleshoots and Isolates faults in units or components
- Field test of electrical components; tests devices to ensure they work accurately.
- Maintenance of spare equipment and parts following established procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of recent, verifiable experience as an Electrician.
- Applicants must possess a valid electrical license in the State of Georgia (can also include reciprocity states of Alabama, Florida, North Carolina or South Carolina)
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, traffic signal plans/specifications, and procedure manuals.
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Move supplies and equipment of up to 75 lbs.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Willing to work at heights typically associated with the repair, installation, and maintenance of traffic signals and streetlights.
- Pass a DOT (Department of Transportation) physical exam and drug test.
- May be required to get bucket truck operator certification.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment
- Local Traffic Control certification (i.e., MOT, IMSA Work Zone Safety, etc.).
- International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) Traffic Signal certification is helpful and required within the first year of employment (Company-paid training and testing).
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing CCTV and MVDS units and DMS signs.
- Component-level board repair experience.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs are available.
Yunex Traffic recognizes that building a diverse workforce is crucial to the success of our business. We therefore strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.