Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of engineering? Join our Intern Programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your year in industry with us at Yunex!
Digitalizing mobility is our passion. It makes road networks and fleets safer and smarter, benefiting people as well as the environment. The course for future-oriented urban landscapes is being set today. We are committed to being an innovation driver and solution partner for city and highway administrations as well as mobility operators—wherever they are in the world. Together, we can reduce accidents, congestion, and CO2 emissions generated from cities.
n doing so, we sustainably increase the value of infrastructure across its life cycle, ensuring more economical mobility and a better quality of life. We have been founded and matured under the Siemens technical umbrella and are now armed with market-leading expertise and many years of experience in infrastructure projects, we are now an independent, market-leading and agile mobility innovator.
This vacancy is for an Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Engineering Intern working at our site in Poole.
Embark on your 12-month placement with us whilst taking part in our fantastic 12-month placement scheme.
Here is a taste of what you can expect from this internship:
- Configuration and testing of EV chargers with new software releases,
- Reviewing and writing test reports
- Chasing software bug fixes and regression testing those fixes.
- Upgrading EV charger hardware and writing hardware upgrade method statements
- Designing, building and testing specialised test equipment for EV chargers.
- Attending and contributing to design and review meetings.
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Studying towards a degree in electrical/electronic engineering
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
We would ideally like you to have some experience in the following:
- To be able to read and interpret design specifications
- To be able to design and construct electronic circuits on prototype boards
- PCB design and layout using CAD tools
- Testing and fault-finding of circuits
- Ability to read circuit diagrams
- Basic use of oscilloscope and other diagnostic lab tools.
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, we will develop you and teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitalisation and innovation.
We also offer plenty of opportunity to advance your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of engineering.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £18,525 per annum. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit your individual needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Yunex recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.