Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as an Enterprise Services, Scientific Engagement Director.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in your career. Enterprise Service (ES) is a fast-growing business area that focuses on key strategic partnerships between Siemens Healthineers and providers. As Scientific Engagement Director, you will help identify, develop, and manage ES research and innovation collaborations at strategic partner sites. In this role, you will:
· Lead scientific relationship development to reach high and wide within the strategic partner organization and gain participation in strategic research & development sessions to identify and drive scientific goals of the strategic partner site.
· Act as an advisor to customer executive management and business partners on research and innovation related topics.
· Collaborate closely with cross functional teams that include scientific collaborations from other business areas/lines (e.g. MRI, CT, Advanced Therapies, Lab Diagnostics, Digital Health) centralized operations, local equipment service & sales, advisory service consultants, procurement, quality, and vendor partners.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers.
· Represent Siemens Healthineers Research & Innovation at potential and established strategic partner sites
· Identify research and innovation topics of importance to the partner site that can also lead to publications and/or extramural grant applications
· Represent Siemens Healthineers on steering committees with strategic partners
· Manage Research & Innovation projects and processes across the entire Siemens Healthineers spectrum (Lab, Imaging, Digital Health, Therapy & Health Economics)
· Align with collaboration leads of other business lines
· Engage subject matter experts from Siemens Healthineers as needed
· Work with legal, research, compliance, clinical affairs and logistics personnel (internally and across the strategic partner network) to develop research agreements that define the required equipment, funding and deliverables for each research project. Teaching lectures/courses at strategic partner site, if applicable
Required skills to have for the success of this role
· Master’s degree or higher in Engineering, Biochemistry or Physics
· Doctorate degree strongly preferred
· 10+ years of successful experience in medical research & innovation
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Strong presentation skills
· Ability to translate complex scientific information to audiences ranging from laymen to expert
· Comfortable to speak to C-Level Executives and Government Officials
· Ability to work independently and within a large team
· Ability to think strategically
· Ability to develop collaterals and talking points
· A desire to learn, ask questions and be resourceful to identify innovative applications, develop own, creative solutions to complex problems
· Travel up to 60%, including short term international trips
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.