We are the catalyst for the industrial world’s digital transformation.
For more than 35 years, ground breaking technologies and business models engineered and developed by Siemens Turkey R&D department contributes to the global success of Siemens.
Our R&D activities focused on the fields of electrification, automation and digitalization, provides end-to-end support to our global customers on their unique digital transformation journey.
We aim to increase our strength on solution and product development with world class SW development experts, with the vision to be the digitalization partner for our global customers.
We need game changers like you, to bring the next level of smart manufacturing and infrastructure from mere concept to reality, develop tomorrow’s smart cities, and address the most critical digitalization challenges across a comprehensive range of industries.
We, as the Smart Grid organization within Siemens Turkey R&D, are focusing on research and development of software products and solutions for Energy Grid domain. We are mainly located in Ankara ODTU Teknokent and we are working together with worldwide partners.
We are seeking a software architect to define and develop the software architecture and the design of Grid Control Software initiatives.
What are my responsibilities?
· Working closely within international software development teams across global locations to research, analyze, design, develop, test, maintain and support web-based commercial application software, as well as working on software with the main responsibility of designing and documenting software solutions based on requirements and within the constraints of architectural and design guidelines,
· Translating software architecture into design and code for the developers,
· Hands-on software development and technical team guidance are more essential rather than diving in diagrams and detail discussions,
· Contributing to the selection of development technologies and platforms, development standards,
· Considering technical boundary conditions (e.g. non-functional requirements) as well as economic aspects,
· Checking, refactoring, reviewing architecture and related code with respect to defined patterns, good practices, coding standards and software requirements,
· Following technical developments and technological trends regarding software development,
· Coaching, influencing software development team members to improve their skills and cross-functionality,
· Demonstrate responsible behavior and share the outcome of the sprint for both success and failure situations,
· Participating and supporting all software related activities (e.g. reviews, unit tests, and process improvements),
· Participating and proactively contributing to an agile environment according to SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) process,
· Taking ownerships in Siemens wide organizational roles to support working as One Global Team
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or similar fields),
· Minimum 7 years’ experience in complex software development projects,
· Minimum 2 years’ professional experience in the field of software architecture and design of complex software systems,
· Strong hands-on experience in object-oriented concepts, design patterns, data structures, algorithms, and software development principles,
· Experience in highly available, distributed, and real-time processing software designs,
· Proficient in software application development with web-based development technologies (e.g. Java, Spring Framework, Angular, or similar),
· Proficient in software application development in microservices architecture,
· Experience ownership of software processes (e.g. backlog management, documentation, quality aspects) in a team of engineers from different domains,
· Experience in continuous integration, continuous deployment concepts, tools and services (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes),
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT,
· Understanding of clean and well documented code,
· Experience in designing, testing, developing, and monitoring software applications for web-based platforms
Preferable Additional skills/experiences (i.e. is a plus):
· Knowledge of Energy Domain - Power Systems concepts,
· Experience or knowledge on WinCC OA and SW development with WinCC OA APIs,
· Experience in SCADA applications, SCADA Field Device Communications, real time data processing.
· Experience with databases, especially with Graph database technologies,
· Experience working with message brokers, such as Apache Kafka,
· Knowledge or hands-on experience with C++ (especially with modern C++),
· Experience in unit testing and other test types as well as enthusiasm for automated testing,
· Experience in Test Driven Development, Domain Driven Design or Behavior Driven Development concepts,
· Experience in Software life cycle and agile methodologies (especially SAFe framework),
· Understanding of security concepts regarding web-based development,
· Experience working with large volumes of time series data and building services, APIs and applications based of it,
· Experience with implementations of protocols to handle messaging between services in a distributed system,
· Experience on streaming data applications,
· Experience in utilizing geospatial tools,
· Experience with common identity service and integrations
Desired Soft skills:
· Eager to learn new technologies, tools, and Energy domain know-how,
· Excellent target group-oriented communication of complex issues and interpersonal communication,
· Able to approach other people, convince them and win them over,
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills,
· Strong self-organization including ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
· Teammate with highly collaborative, self-motivated, customer focused, positive, and upbeat attitude,
· Committed to quality oriented, tidy, and well documented business delivery,
· Able to facilitate the collaboration between Global and Local teams,
· Inspire the team with new ideas and visions and actively promote platform development,
· Comfortable interpreting and understanding initially unfamiliar concepts,
· An ability to understand and explain abstract concepts in a clear way to technical and non-technical audiences
What else do I need to know?
· Fluent command of English is a must, German is a plus.
· No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily.
“At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds“
As Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site:
If you need more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
+90 216 459 20 00
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. ODTU Teknokent Bölge Subesi
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time