Job title: Scrum Master
Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019 with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and authoritative specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand!
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our Digitalization Technology and Services (DTS) team based in Bangalore and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories!
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Guide, mentor and empower the assigned Agile team(s), spread across the globe
- Mainly work remotely with your team(s) with occasional travel opportunities
- Focus on the needs of the Team members and enable them to contribute to their customer/partners with the goal of achieving results in line with the organization’s values, principles, and business objectives
- Act as a change agent in the Team and the surrounding organization to proactively help changing culture and approach
- Coordinate and facilitate the Scrum ceremonies and chipping in to the Program Level sync events, Remove impediments (issue identification and resolution)
- Being capable to grow into the role of a SAFe® Release Train Engineer by coordinating and facilitating the Program-level sync events, engaging the relevant partners and removing impediments that are beyond the team responsibilities
- Mentor the team applying Lean, Agile, SAFe principles and practices, help the Team as a servant leader to grow and to get better - lead by example.
- Facilitate teamwork within the Team and with the surrounding organization (Product Management, Business Owners and other partners)
- Ensure that Scrum and other relevant methods are understood and carried out properly
- Ensure governance, e.g. effort tracking within Sprints using Jira, documentation within Wiki (Confluence)
- Guide the team to create evaluation methods and estimates, and periodically evaluate the process to become better in making predictions and reducing risks.
- Participate in Communities of Practices (CoP) for Scrum Master to share experience within the organization
We don’t need hard workers, just super minds
- You must have BE / B.Tech / MCA / ME / M.Tech qualification with 8-10 Yeats into IT Industry with 5+ confirmed ability as a Scrum Master
- Knowledge of agile principles and methods
- Experience in working in a scaled agile environment and leading multiple teams
- Teamwork and team development skills
- Strong communication, facilitation, coaching and mentoring skills
- Strong interpersonal capabilities
- Experience with virtual, globally distributed, multicultural teams remotely
- Written and spoken English on a proficient level is a must, additional language like German is a plus
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Find out more about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time