Are you a forward-thinking and cool-headed undergraduate with an eye for engineering? Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future? So do we. We believe our graduate programme differs from other schemes. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey... If yes start your engineering career with us at Siemens!
A Customer Services, Project Delivery, Graduate Engineer will provide engineering assistance to enable the safe and timely delivery of support contracts. They will form part of the strategic geographic support team and will provide support for the delivery of engineering support services to the regions, as appropriate, reporting to the Lead Project Engineers and the Senior Project Engineer.
As part of your graduate role you will also take part in our phenomenal development programme. We’ll create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it you will be set up with great knowledge to equip you for your professional career within Siemens.
- Support and assist the Lead Project Engineer to deliver and monitor the planning and progress of works and ensure contract requirements are delivered on time and to budget
- Ensure that the technical standards are maintained in all aspects of signalling support contracts, in order that safe and successful delivery and future reliability is achieved
- Leverage existing knowledge and develop a good understanding of key technical and engineering deliverables for current and future support contracts.
- Build strong relationships with key customers through an excellent understanding and delivery of service contract requirements. Identify opportunities to provide additional or enhanced service solutions where possible.
- Build relationship with regional customer team
- Support the LPE and Key Account Managers with evaluating the quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available commercial award for the Company
- Work with the local client team to assess their needs and recommend suitable solutions
- Ensure a successful and engaging relationship with regional project delivery teams to ensure a smooth handover into long term maintenance
- Get involved with the handover phase of the project lifecycle to include fault analysis (FRACAS) and ensure a smooth transition to Customer Services
- Assist with the implementation of new maintenance operating models via possession of a good understanding of whole life cost reduction strategy
- Assist with forecasting the overall engineering resources and key skills necessary for allocated contracts in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided
- Be aware of safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the contract Safety Plans
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the delivery of support contracts to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets
- Assist in the coordinate the engineering activities of sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Review and assess the engineering aspects of contract changes to enable accurate management of costs and compliance.
- Be involved with the CS Digitisation strategy and assist with developing digital tools.
- Perform duties as directed by senior management from time to time
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds.
- Excellent communications skills, understanding of task time and people management.
- Strong leadership skills including an ability to drive a team’s performance.
- Electrical/ Electronic Engineering/ IT Degree or equivalent
- Associate Member of the IET, IRSE or other recognised professional body.
- Some knowledge in aspects of Signal and Railway Engineering
- Appreciation of the operational requirements of railway contracts or projects
What else do I need to know?
You will need to go where this journey takes you. Alongside your role, the graduate development programme www.siemens.co.uk/grads will teach you softer skills such as communication, teamwork, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for forward-thinking team players with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Engineering. Do you think this is you? If so apply now!
The benefits package for this role includes a salary of £28,000 per annum, and an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time