- Ensure that the technical standards are maintained in all aspects of signalling support contracts, in order that safe and successful delivery and future reliability is achieved
- Demonstrate existing knowledge and develop a good understanding of key technical and engineering deliverables for current and future support contracts.
- Build positive relationships with key customers through an excellent understanding and delivery of service contract requirements. Identify opportunities to provide additional or enhanced service solutions where possible.
- Support the LPE and Key Account Managers with evaluating the quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available commercial award for the Company
- Work with the local client team to assess their needs and recommend suitable solutions
- Ensure a successful and engaging relationship with regional project delivery teams to ensure a smooth handover into long term maintenance
- Get involved with the handover phase of the project lifecycle to include fault analysis (FRACAS) and ensure a smooth transition to Customer Services
- Assist with the implementation of new maintenance operating models via possession of a good understanding of whole life cost reduction strategy
- Assist with forecasting the overall engineering resources and key skills necessary for allocated contracts in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided
- Be aware of safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the contract Safety Plans
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the delivery of support contracts to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets
- Assist in the coordinate the engineering activities of sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Review and assess the engineering aspects of contract changes to enable accurate management of costs and compliance.
- Be involved with the CS Digitisation strategy and assist with developing digital tools.
- Perform duties as directed by senior management from time to time
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however its also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
- Some knowledge regarding railway engineering is preferred but not essential
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary of £20,000 at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time