Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as an Automation and Controls System Engineer
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As an Automation and Controls System Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Providing automation and controls technical support to operations including troubleshooting highly complex problems, determining root cause and implementation of solutions and documentation.
- Applying advanced process automation and control technologies to develop and troubleshoot complex software systems that produce large scale liquid chemical reagent blends as well as pilot scale, specialty chemical reagents for use in medical diagnostic consumable devices in a constantly changing fast-paced environment.
- Providing routine off-hour process support for software or equipment issues, typically every 6 to 7 weeks, or as required.
- Applying technical writing skills by creating technical documentation such as validation documentation, functional specifications, user requirements, and manufacturing work instructions.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You have expert knowledge of Industrial Process Control Systems design and documentation using tools such as AutoCAD Electrical and Microsoft Visio, Word, and Excel.
- You have expert knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (Siemens and Rockwell) and electro-mechanical equipment such as motors, photo-electric sensors, process instrumentation, vision systems (Keyence and/or Cognex), robotics (FANUC) and pneumatics.
- You have a working knowledge of SQL Database and SQL Reporting solutions.
- You have experience in developing Graphical User Interfaces, Process Data Collection Systems, and Batch Execution Systems preferably within the AVEVA System Platform environment.
- You have a working knowledge and application experience with Lean business systems and methodologies such as TPM, 5S, Lean 3P Design, & OEE Monitoring.
- You have strong organization skills as multiple assignments will be progressed in parallel within a fast-paced environment. Project management within an Agile framework, stakeholder communication, and troubleshooting skills are key. People and Team leadership capability is desirable.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical, Computer, Chemical) or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 8-10 years supporting and installing manufacturing automation and process control designs; including experience in a cGMP Manufacturing environment.
- Willing to travel up to 10%
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for all new hires by their start date
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.