We are looking to fill a Field Service Engineer position in Albany, NY. This role will plan, prioritize, coordinate, and handle all phases of the maintenance activities of our SIEMENS CHARGER locomotives. They will also be responsible for scheduling maintenance activities with our customers, training their maintenance personnel, and advising on the best maintenance techniques. They will also perform hands-on repairs addressing unscheduled defects during the warranty period. Setting a safe work environment and proactively expertly supporting our customers is crucial to the job. You will interact with the operational, engineering, dispatching, and financial departments for the railroad's safe, cost-effective, and efficient operations.
This position will work with the North East Regional Manager and focus on;
- Ensuring technical and material support to the customer & our Charger Locomotives
- Providing a positive customer service experience to the customer
- Maintaining ongoing, effective communication with all internal and external relevant parties
- Perform unscheduled repairs and train customer craft to perform those repairs
Applicants who wish to be a part of our Customer Service Department would be responsible for the following tasks:
- Establish a rapport with Customer management and maintenance facility personnel.
- Ensure the provision of high-quality technical advice to the customer's maintenance workforce to improve equipment reliability of the Charger fleet.
- Ensure responsiveness and support to the completion of all troubleshooting and repairs assigned to service requests.
- Ensure the delivery of ongoing system operation training for the customers.
- Identify Non-conformance issues and improvement recommendations.
- Ensure accurate communication between the customer, our Rail Support Center, and the field team.
- Provide feedback to the team regarding performance, quality, and efficiency issues.
- Be the Conduit to the field - conducts regular meetings with field personnel and managers to share company information, updates, etc.
- Work with 3rd party vendors, such as Cummins, to ensure accurate operation of vendor components installed on the locomotive.
- Continually progress customers' maintenance practices to support the Charger locomotive as intended by the manual.
- Verify that all defects, tasks, and incidents have been reported and detailed in (CMMS) for compliance, issue tracking, and closure.
Maintain compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, and regulations. Foster a work environment that drives a safety-first, zero harm culture (ZHC) and speaks up when necessary as a partner for shop and site safety for yourself and your coworkers.Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Associate degree in an engineering subject area or a minimum of 5 or more years of experience working in an industrial or maintenance environment.
- Knowledge of Railroad Regulatory, FRA, requirements, and guidelines.
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures for the supervised workgroup(s).
- Excellent English language technical interpersonal skills in speaking, reading, and writing.
- Must possess validated skills with all Microsoft Office (including Excel/Word/Access/PowerPoint) products.
- Required travel: 10%
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or similar and five or more years of experience working in an industrial or maintenance environment.
- Candidates with experience in rolling stock (railroad) maintenance and commissioning or other rail-related experience will be preferred.
- Three or more years of direct customer service experience.
- Ability to self-learn new software programs and technical documents for effective troubleshooting.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs are available.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.