At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Grand Prairie factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Travel to customer sites and support startup, modification, or troubleshooting activities for Automation Solutions.
- Understands and applies safety procedures.
- Follows basic standard project documentation for project completion
- Identifies problems as they occur and takes proactive steps to solve them.
- Independently performs basic tasks and functions for professional field work.
- Prepare explanations to enable proper interpretation/evaluation of specifications, performance characteristics, or other technical data.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Minimum 2 years prior professional experience EET or Automation Technician or equivalent schooling and experience
* Experience loading, verifying, and troubleshooting industrial power equipment and automation projects
* Experience working in and around industrial power equipment (LV, MV)
* Software and network configuration experience.
* Trouble shooting skills (Network and/or Wiring)
* Strong communication skill both written and verbal.
* Ability to work independently as well as work with other group or teams.
* Must possess the ability to travel 80%.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* PLC Programming (Siemens TIA)
* Experience with Utilities, Metering, and/or Networking (TCP/IP, Modbus, Profibus, Profinet)
* Experience with serial communications (i.e. RS 485) and conversions to TCP/IP
* Time and task management skills (e.g., Project Manager, Project Engineer).
* Osha and/or NFPA 70E certification
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.