Making manufacturing smarter.
The manufacturing industry is facing a significant transformation process and we want to ensure the industry's success in the future. To do so, we need forward-thinkers who have an eye for the bigger picture; and clever minds looking for answers. Help us get the manufacturing industry ready for the future of automation and digitalization.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
Please note that Casual Assemblers are on an call basis to cover absences, vacations, temporary increases in demand. Full-time hours are not guaranteed.
What you will do?
• Follow documented procedures such as, Engineering Manufacturing Procedures (EMPs), workmanship standards and drawings.
• Read and understand bills of material to ensure accurate assembly of product.
• Identify parts, assemble, inspect and test products/parts per applicable work center.
• Meet or exceed quality and productivity expectations.
• Per work center, solder/desolder product/parts to company standards.
• Cut and strip wire/cable for the assembly process.
• Operate various hand tools and machines i.e. drill press, sandblaster, PEM nut inserter, chemical dispenser.
• Adhere to all company health and safety rules and regulations, including WHMIS.
• Data entry in SAP (i.e. item master, job fields, etc.) as required.
• Adhere to good housekeeping practices.
• Provide co-operation in response to the company’s customer service needs.
• Demonstrates good communication and team skills with management and fellow employees.
What will you need to succeed?
• Grade 12 or equivalent.
• Previous manufacturing/assembly experience an asset.
• Strong mechanical aptitude to recognize potential production issues and to effectively assemble product in mechanical and electronic assembly.
• Excellent dexterity skills when assembling product.
• Minimum IPC Class 3 hand soldering skills when assembling product in various work centers.
• Basic SAP knowledge or equivalent.
• Good problem solving and trouble shooting skills when working with the team to develop solutions to production issues.
• Ability to work with chemicals during product assembly.
• Team focused and able to work under pressure to get the job done i.e. meet customer order deadlines.
• Ability to perform heavy lifting, bending, reaching, loading and moving of material/product when fulfilling day to day duties and responsibilities.
• Ability to work flexible work hours/shift-work.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.