Sr. Director, UX and Design
Founded in 2012, Comfy | Enlighted is a Siemens-owned business on a mission to connect employees to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work. Our SaaS platform combines building intelligence, space analytics, and consumer-grade mobile app technology to improve the workplace experience for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, our fast-growing team balances the dynamic energy of a scale-up company with the backing of a global powerhouse.
You may have noticed major changes taking place around how companies and their employees use physical spaces moving forward. Hybrid working models will become the standard, office spaces will get smaller and more flexible, and there will be a greater focus on in-person collaborative space.
And any time there is a seismic shift in an industry like this, there are a ton of new problems to solve and opportunities to create meaningful solutions. Building Robotics, Inc. is at the center of this hybrid work, with the backing of our parent company Siemens, and working with Fortune 500 companies around the world.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced leader to help us invent great experiences for our app that is radically improving the future of work in offices around the world. In this impactful role, you will report into and work closely with our Chief of Product. As the Senior Director of UX and Design you must have experience researching and designing user experiences for B2B2C and/or B2C mobile applications. We’re looking for a leader who’s passionate about building designs that consumers will love. The role will require frequently collaborating with designers, product managers, and engineers, but most importantly with the people who use our applications.
In this UX-centric design role, you will be responsible for managing our team of designers based in our Oakland office. You will need to deliver high-quality functional aesthetic solutions in a fast-paced continuous delivery flow, while collaborating with stakeholders, translating and contributing their requirements to the product strategy.
Specifically you will:
- Create compelling product visions and strategies in partnership with product and engineering leadership by integrating business requirements into design strategy and processes.
- Deliver world-class solutions, prioritizing user experience, and focusing on increasing user adoption and retention, across the globe.
- Lead, create and validate user journeys that define value-added workflows in our applications
- Grow the design and research teams. Hire, organize, and mentor.
- Own and evangelize the design system, growing adoption of our branding and design guidelines across internally / externally affiliated solutions.
- Lead PMs and designers through qualitative research surveys, interviews, and focus groups with end users and key stakeholders to gather need-finding, validate roadmap, test design prototypes to ensure usability and value to our users.
- incrementally improve our solutions by incorporating user feedback and engagement data.
- Participate in hands-on work and reviews, survey our users, and participate in buyer focus groups, guiding conceptual designs through product launch and optimizing post-launch for positive end-user feedback & adoption
- Keep up with common patterns and design trends. Constructively suggest modifications to what exists in our app today and apply that same thinking in the face of audacious challenges for a category-defining product.
- Compellingly articulate your design decisions with your team as well as company leadership and key stakeholders.
- 10-15 years of UX design experience
- Experience as a hands-on manager of a design team.
- You bring experienced leadership and passion to user research and how it can inform decision-making across the entire product.
- You are a design leader who people want to follow with the ability to build trust, inspire, and mentor the careers of a growing team.
- You’re a player-coach who leads by doing, and your team values your strategic design thinking as well as the example you deliver when you roll up your sleeves and join in the craft.
- Great communicator (verbal, written, and visual) who can influence and build consensus both within a design team and with executive stakeholders across the company.
- You have a lot of design confidence and use your design thinking expertise to solve complex problems with elegantly simple solutions to deliver experiences people love.
- You have proven experience with a consumer or user-focused enterprise app team shipping product — seeing a design from briefs and concepts through to well-crafted, beautiful production software.
- You’re hungry to get things done and see results, and your passion for design is an inspiration to those around you.
- Your strong systems thinking enables you to guide a team to understand complex problems with elegantly intuitive solutions.
- You thrive in a highly collaborative environment of rapid iteration where we share our ideas, designs, inspiration, and constructive feedback.
- You are highly skilled and knowledgeable in:
- mobile and web design
- B2B2C (or combination of B2B & B2C) products
- Design Thinking and User Journeys
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption. (Candidates hired to work in USA)
Bonus Points For:
- A demonstrated track record of managing UX/UI for a high-growth B2C or B2B2C mobile application
- Experience with configuration tools for mobile applications that provide administrative users with functionality and workflows that make it easy to configure, maintain and scale mobile applications
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy :)
- Brand new, bright, airy office in sunny downtown Oakland steps away from BART
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- We walk the talk on hybrid work. Work where it makes sense.
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy | Enlighted, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Building Robotics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.