Siemens Industry is looking for a professional senior buyer (material and inventory planning) for our manufacturing facility. Our growing facilities produce high-quality, make-to-order power distribution equipment for the United States market. Our processes include material handling, metal fabrication, powder coating and plating, final assembly, and quality tests. The position is responsible to ensure material availability for manufacturing to be able to meet customer orders on time in the most cost-effective way to meet our financial targets as well.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. Our manufacturing plants are focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do:
- Coordinate and balance supply and demand with suppliers and manufacturing plants.
- First line of escalation for supplier expedites for assigned commodities
- Negotiate clear and robust delivery, performance terms and manage supplier relationship to develop and/or improve sourcing models, logistics model agreements, Service Level Agreements, etc.
- Works closely with purchasing, planning, manufacturing, and procurement to plan and prioritize supply to fulfill customer requirements on time and ensure maximum performance, considering multiple factory’s requirements and financial goals.
- Manages MRP via SAP, monitor requisitions and place Purchase Orders with internal and external suppliers.
- Reviews SAP master data including, but not limited to, minimum order quantities, safety stocks, lead times, purchasing info records, etc.
- Responsible to work with SI EP factories in Research and analyze current and future demand to developing forecasting models, defining priorities with suppliers, and making sure production schedule at supplier matches with factory demands
- Evaluates the current supply chain conditions and improves it by working with our manufacturing plants and corporate resources.
- Participate in annual supplier evaluation for assigned commodities for all locations and lead logistic related development activities
- Work with Strategic procurement and location buyers to make sure pricing updates are performed on timely manner
- Analyzes large amount of data to develop sourcing strategies by component and supplier.
- Oversees and maintains inventory, working closely with materials/inventory management teams within the different manufacturing plants.
- They monitor the performance of suppliers and work with them to achieve continuous improvements in costs and performance:
• Undertake benchmarking
• Supply-Demand capacity/planning evaluation
• Manage the supply chain risks and the actions to secure the supply chain
-Lead, develop and guide the personnel in purchasing’s team.
-Oversees tactical, operational responsibilities and process improvements within purchasing.
-Support the coordination and execution of customer/engineering changes.
-Promote teamwork and continuous improvement.
-Responsible for meeting the inventory targets, delivery reliability and cost saving initiatives.
-GRIR (good receipts/invoice receipts) discrepancies and late purchase order processing.
What you will need:
- 3-5 years of purchasing and/or procurement experience with MRP system in manufacturing environment.
- Experience on fast paced business.
- Strong leadership capabilities
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- Strong negotiations skills
- BS/BA/BSE in related discipline, or advanced degree or Equivalent Experience
- Advanced hands-on knowledge of SAP, Excel, and Microsoft Office
What will set you ahead of the pack:
- APICS CSCP and/or CPIM
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Microsoft Access
- Excel Macros
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.