What do we do at Siemens Mobility Engineering?
We have about 350 colleagues in the Czech Republic. Together we develop innovative products for the rolling stock. In addition, we work on global projects, from the definition of requirements, over SW/HW and mechanics development, to cross-sectional topics at the vehicle-wide level.
If sustainable transport and the related state-of-the-art solutions resonate with you, you're the one we're looking for!🚅♻😉
We impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of passengers every day. You can travel on our fully automated metro in Vienna or use our high-speed trains on the direct line between London and Amsterdam. You can also encounter the fastest loco in the world, Taurus, on Czech rails.
By creating energy-efficient zero-emission transport systems, we contribute to fulfilling the Czech Republic's, European Union's and global commitments related to energy, climate, and the environment. The development projects in the Czech Republic also include battery- or hydrogen-driven vehicles.
What will be the benefits provided by your role?
As part of the newly emerging expertise in the Czech Republic, you will become an expert guarantor: you will create innovative interior lighting concepts for the existing and development rolling stock projects in terms of mechanical, electrical, and IT interfaces.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Analysing customer requirements and implementing them
- You will play a decisive role in the strategic and project selection of suppliers, both in terms of technology and costs
- Actual design, development, simulations, and validation of lighting
- Evaluating the development at the supplier, considering the time-related and development milestones up to the technical acceptance of components and the initial installation in a vehicle
- Implementing normative requirements, creating test specifications, and subsequent checks during the vehicle's approval tests
What do you need to possess to become a part of our team?
- A completed Master's degree with a focus on technology
- Hands-on experience with planning, designing, and simulating lighting systems
- Good knowledge of electrical engineering, so it is possible to assess and evaluate all lighting control aspects reliably
- Czech for daily communication
- Active knowledge of English or German
- Excellent communication skills, team spirit, creativity
- Signing bonus in amount of CZK 50,000
- Up to 33 days of holiday
- Working hours as you organize them (you should be available between 10 am and 2 pm)
- Possibility of working from home for a better work-life balance
- Personal annual budget in the amount of CZK 24,000 or CZK 48,000 (depending on seniority), which you can use for various leisure-time activities in our cafeteria
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time