Siemens Mobility Limited are recruiting for A Wheel Lathe Technician for our Rolling Stock business in Ardwick, Manchester. This role will operate and maintain the wheel lathe and carry out associated activities that support the operation of the wheel lathe and train wash. You will also assist in duties within the depot working on the trains, so we are looking for a Technician with an open minded and flexible approach.
What are my Responsibilities?
- Wheel reprofiling
- Carry out post tyre turning examinations
- Assist other team members with the development of technical skills
- Assist with other train duties within the depot
- Maintain the wheel lathe and train wash
- Maintain plant and equipment as required
- Update and maintain the wheel set database and any other records, as directed by the Supervisor
- Undertake train driving duties as required
- Carrying out routine train maintenance and exam work when required
- Undertake any other duties as and when required
- Wear approved protective clothing and using safety equipment when required by health and safety regulations
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that could have an impact on Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Report all safety and environmental incidents and accidents
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Must have relevant experience in a mechanical engineering environment
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Understands and cares for tools, equipment and PPE as appropriate
- Knowledge of Health and Safety including bio-hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Ability to use a laptop for diagnostic purposes
- Ability to produce complex, analytical technical reports
- Safety Critically assessed
- Relevant experience of using a main lathe
- Relevant experience of using a centre lathe
This is a shift based role with the following shift patten on a 4 week rotating basis. Overtime available once Safety Critical qualified.
4 weeks - Day Shift (Mon-Thurs)
4 weeks – Night Shift (Mon – Thurs)
4 weeks – Weekend Shift (Fri – Sun) There is no night shift on the weekends.
Due to the requirements to comply with legal responsibilities imposed on us by the Working Time Regulations, ROGS Regulations and other Railway Group Standards, we advise that successful candidates are based up to 1 hour from the depot.
We will also require you to complete some mandatory online testing for this role.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time