Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.
Let's make the difference together!
Meet the team - Video
Siemens Industry Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens Industry Software works collaboratively with companies to deliver open solutions to help them make smarter decisions that result in better products.
About the role
Due to business growth, our UK Sales function is looking hire an additional Sales Operations Specialist to be based from either our Farnborough, Hampshire or Solihull, West Midlands offices on an 18 month Fixed Term Contract (FTC).
As the Sales Operations Specialist you will support the Sales teams in the creation and completion of customer commercial engagements to delivery long term account revenue growth and customer success within the Siemens Digital Industries Software (DISW) UK Organization.
Taking ownership for operational functions, you will apply ‘Opportunity to Order’ understanding with specific knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of complex and varied tasks. Outside of specific orders, the role will also perform wider business planning, customer engagement and administration duties.
Areas of responsibility
- Quote and Order standard process
- Supports the Account Teams in the creation and delivery to customer of proposals and quotes. This may include situational analysis and the creation of multiple commercial options to meet different objectives
- Review of incoming orders to ensure they can be successfully delivered within legal and policy frameworks
- Initiates and monitors internal workflows from quote creation to order execution, interacting with the relevant internal teams (Management, Credit Control, Finance, Delivery) to ensure successful customer delivery
- Supports finance team with final delivery, billing and revenue recognition
- Additional and occasional processes
- Facilitation of the contract and legal bidding document creation, approval and signatory process (e.g. via DocuSign)
- Creation and administration of Pricing Agreements in corporate tools
- Customer alignment and engagement activities
- Working with internal and customer stakeholders to ensure requirements for order submission are fulfilled (e.g. payer and credit limit set up, export control requirements, etc.)
- Handles or coordinates complex queries on policy, pricing, licensing, dependencies, install data, historic customer activities, 3rd party products, etc
- Helps account teams balance advice from commercial, legal, financial and revenue recognition teams to create high quality deals
- Performs policy validation and collection of approvals for deviation
- On occasion, working directly with end customers to secure requirements and obtain paperwork (signed agreements and purchase orders)
- Project & Contract Execution
- Understand relationship between customer project objectives and the multiple order transactions that may facilitate them
- Understand the framework for orders that is defined by the customer’s contract
- Enable and manage multiple interacting orders to meet the above
- Process and Tools
- Understands company processes and policies related to sales
- Maintain a basic understanding of legal and financial frameworks relating to sales
- Business Planning
- Analysis of customer commercial history
- Assists in reporting and forecast process
Your Experience & Competencies
- Experience working in a Sales Operations (or similar) position within the Software industry would be hugely advantageous
- Able to handle competing demands and prioritise effectively
- Competent communication skills (verbal and written) to both engage and influence people, building strong networks
- A problem-solving mindset for analysis of policy, processes, systems and business boundaries
- Operate as a team player, collaborating effectively with a wide range of colleagues, both locally and globally, and on occasion, customers.
- Uses project management techniques to deliver customer outcomes: Break down tasks and activities, plan dependencies and timelines, engage with stakeholders and manage processes to successful, on-time conclusions
- Working level of maths– e.g. for computing percentage price changes
- Basic use of Microsoft Excel – i.e. understanding numerical data, applying simple formulas and data validation
- A desire to engage in process improvement and business change in a dynamic environment
- A drive to take ownership and deliver successful outcomes for both Siemens and our customers
- Working with corporate CRM tools i.e SAP, Salesforce or similar would be advantageous, however not essential as full training will be provided
Working at Siemens Software
Working at Siemens Software means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here. We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time