Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
Please note this role will be 12 month contract to start with a possibility of becoming permanent.
We are looking for a motivated individual with a knowledge in Ontario Construction health and safety topics to support a Siemens projects. The successful candidate would help our Siemens Logistics equipment business execute the Site Safety Project Program and to meet the customer requirements while ensuring compliance with applicable environmental, occupational health and safety, workers’ compensation legislation in Ontario including Siemens requirements. This role will require presence on project sites and/or on-site visits.What you will do?
- Lead the Siemens Site Safety Project Program.
- Set up, monitor, and support all aspects of the Site Safety Program in compliance with Siemens’ procedures and the General Contractors Safety Plan.
- Ensure all employees and contractors comply with applicable provincial and other regulatory requirements.
- Work with General Contractor and Siemens subcontractors to implement effective Site Safety Program.
- Develop specialized project safety plans, policies, job safety analysis, safe work practices, conduct hazard / risk assessments, incident investigation as required.
- Participate in Project conference calls providing site safety updates.
- Perform work inspections, toolbox talks, hazard analysis and other H&S responsibilities as required.
- Conduct incident investigations, lessons learned and best practice sharing with employees, subcontractors and management for prevention and awareness.
- Monitor corrective actions for effective implementation.
- Assist Project Manager/Site Manager and serve as the leading point of authority and/or resource for area of expertise.
- Improve processes, awareness and physical conditions associated with safety programs.
- Ensure safety training for employees and subcontractors is complete and up to date.
- Monitor legislative updates and update Safety Program as required to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Track and report on Safety program KPIs and implement initiatives to address trends.
- Ability to learn and work in high pace environment.
- Travel to customer sites.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Occupational, Health and Safety role in area of: construction
- NCSO and/or CRSP designation.
- Well versed in Ontario occupational health and safety and workers’ compensation Legislation and Regulations.
- Graduate of an Environmental Health Safety program at a recognized College or University or industry recognized program or equivalent work experience.
- Candidates must have excellent organizational and communication skills (both oral and written), customer focus, and agility.
- Demonstrated knowledge of EHS Management Systems including ISO 45001, 14001 and COR.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate options, solutions, and exercise judgment in making sound decisions.
- Expertise in the area of incident investigations, root cause analysis, workplace inspections, hazard analysis, risk assessment, safe work practice or job safety analysis development, employee relations.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and other software tools.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.