R&D Leadership Development Program – Point of Care
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 66,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Are you ready
to understand how an R&D organization operates end to end? Are you ready to
contribute to key strategic development projects that impact the future of a
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as our 2022 candidate for the R&D Leadership Development Program – Point of Care Diagnostics.
We are seeking candidates who are interested in joining our Point of Care Diagnostics (POC) – R&D Leadership Development Program. The successful candidate for the position will work individually and with a cross-functional team to develop and sustain systems for in vitro diagnostic (IVD) instruments for point of care and laboratory medical testing. These medical devices provide rapid and accurate diagnostic testing for clinical laboratories and point of care clinicians for the diagnosis and monitoring of patients with diabetes, kidney diseases, cardiac conditions, respiratory issues, critical care conditions, and other clinical applications.
This specific position will be hired into Siemens Healthineers POC, in our Norwood, MA office.
- You will be responsible for completion of a variety of tasks as assigned by the R&D project lead, across one of the many disciplines in R&D, based on your background. This could include, for example: Systems, hardware or software engineering, chemistry or biochemistry.
- You will be part of a cross functional R&D team that spans across multiple engineering and science disciplines, collaborating to accomplish complex system objectives.
- Over the course of the year and in the second year, you will be expected to take on a role with increasing impact and will require influencing a variety of stakeholders – for example, a product owner for one or more scrum teams that contribute to product development or lifecycle management.
- After the second year and successful completion of the program, you will have the possibility to continue as a member of the R&D team, potentially with more focus on either of the two responsibilities above.
Who Should Apply?
We are looking for candidates who are resourceful –true problem solvers and system thinkers who challenge themselves to find the most effective and efficient solutions to complex challenges. We provide a platform for those who want to have an impact on the future and to contribute to the successes of the company, our customers, and the world.
To apply for the Program, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in Physical Science or Engineering.
- Academic course work and projects must be focused on biomedical/medical R&D.
- Must graduate by the program start date (July 2022).
- Minimum GPA: 3.2
- Demonstrated leadership potential, either in academic teams or in projects through the course of the academic career.
- handling complex tasks with good problem-solving capabilities.
- Work Authorization: Permanent work authorization in the U.S. is required.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Recent College Graduate
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.