Software Architect – Point of Care
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Software Architect – Point of Care
You will be
- Support the software strategy for a new business expansion within Point-of-Care targeted at new settings for care delivery, specifically through digital solutions. This position is specifically targeted at mobile solutions including Software as a Medical Device and Cloud Computing
- Collaborates with various stakeholders, internal and external, to determine software requirements.
- Identify software solutions that deliver on the requirements. Communicate solutions to stakeholders to define software product definition.
- Creates high level product specifications and design documents.
- Defines software security and data privacy framework for global deployment. Manages the cybersecurity and data privacy approval process.
- Communicate specifications and concepts to development team as well as to external collaborators.
- Ensure software meets quality attributes, such as reliability, security, reusability etc.
Experience and requirements for success in this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in software and software architecture development.
- Specific experience with mobile app development (iOS and Android) in a consumer facing environment – ideally globally.
- Experience with data privacy in a medical environment is a benefit.
- Experience with peer-to-peer networks, cryptography or blockchain would be an advantage.
- Strong communication skills and ability to contribute to proposals, reports, research, and presentations
- Proven ability to prioritize, work independently, handle multiple, complex tasks simultaneously, generate pragmatic solutions to address potential roadblocks as well as leverage key opportunities
- Ability to navigate complex environments, and help build relationships with a variety of different institution
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communications.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for all new hires by their start date. (Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons).
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.