Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to college for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a technical and occupational qualification whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
Here at Yunex Traffic we want to make mobility safer, more efficient, and more sustainable with forward-looking infrastructure and transport solutions. Yunex Traffic develops innovative mobility ecosystems and services for the smart city. This combines freedom of movement with limited space; autonomy with safety; climate targets with value creation; quality of life with digital progress.
We are recruiting candidates to join our Field Service apprenticeship scheme who want to make a difference and develop their skills in IT, Engineering and Digital Technology.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 4 year apprenticeship where you will be put onto the Engineering Fitter standard (or similar, subject to local college provision).
Here is how the programme works:
- Year 1: You will spend your first year in college studying towards your Foundation and knowledge qualifications, and we will begin integrating you into the Siemens community through work placements during the academic break.
- Year 2: College will be on a 1 day a week basis at this point. You’ll spend the rest of your time as part of a field service centre team. This will involve maintaining and fault finding on highway electrical equipment. You will also begin your workplace-based competence qualification.
- Year 3: In year three you will continue to develop your technical, occupational, and professional competence and build your business network.
- Year 4: In year 4 you will complete the end point assessment requirements and transition into a permanent role within the business.
Whilst completing the training programme, you will have the opportunity to be cross-trained in other areas, such as fault administration, workshop, stores and other ITS equipment. This will lead to you being a more knowledgeable engineer with a deeper understanding of how your work interacts with others and fits into the bigger Siemens picture.
Alongside on-the-job training, you will also work towards an NVQ which consists of two levels, which will enable you to be utilised across the whole spectrum of skill sets and disciplines. To assist with your learning, you will also be allocated a mentor. It should also be noted that this Apprenticeship will involve working outside.
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Your personal attributes are just as important as your academic achievements. We are looking for enthusiastic, driven candidates who have a strong interest in engineering and a fascination with how things work.
- You should enjoy working with your hands and must be comfortable working at heights and within confined spaces. You’ll be a self-starter with good team work and problem solving skills and the ability to follow instructions.
- With all of our apprenticeships on offer you must be flexible with the hours and travelling, as it could mean out of hours and late nights involved
- You should have good communication skills, both written and verbal
- You must be willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however its also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours
- You should be IT literate, able to use Microsoft Office packages.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- You will have achieved or be on track to achieve at least 5 GCSE's grade 4 (A-C) or above including maths and English language or 3 A Levels (or BTEC equivalent) at grade C or above
The benefits of a Field service apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary of £19,350.
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey.
- As an apprentice, you will receive first-rate training and tuition from Siemens and our partner colleges.
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company.
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Connected Yunex. Think this is you? Join us. Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Yunex recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time