Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) connects buildings and cities to make them smarter and more energy efficient. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation.
We are recruiting for an experienced and driven Bid Manager to join the Energy & Performance Services Business Unit. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the EPS Sales Team and drive our energy and sustainability opportunities from qualified opportunities through to financial close. We are looking for candidates with strong commercial background who are experienced in managing risks throughout the bid and contract negotiation phases.
Energy & Performance Services (EPS) is spearheading the SI growth in the grid edge market where energy efficient and connected buildings meet the evolving grid environment. We focus on helping customers to reduce their energy consumption, to become more sustainable and to be more resilient in terms of energy supply. We develop and execute projects covering a variety of technologies including energy reduction solutions, renewable energy generation and storage, micro grids, and manufacturing process-related equipment. In addition, we also offer services to help customer to efficiently monitor and manage their energy, operations and maintenance activities and environmental footprint.
Over the next years we have a high growth ambition and are therefore looking for highly qualified and motivated individuals who want to expand our position in the market and our business.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here.
Change the future
- Take ownership of qualified opportunities through to contract close
- Negotiation with end customer of final contract
- Progress sales opportunities through the Siemens Approval Process
- Effectively coordinate and actively manage bid resources such as procurement, legal, finance, project execution, service and risk management (resources are in a matrix structure)
- Concurrently manage multiple, technically and commercially, complex projects (in sales phase)
- Thorough understanding of wide-ranging challenges faced by Commercial & Industrial clients with strong ideas and approach for helping address and overcome these by developing comprehensive, mutually beneficial partnerships and strategies.
- Understand and explain the correlation between market drivers, business objectives and operational issues as they relate to value propositions.
- Ensure coordinated and cooperative effort between EPS sales team and EPS operations, as well as other divisions within Siemens.
- Commercially focused approach to maximize revenue, profit and customer satisfaction.
We are looking for super minds, not superheroes
You will be a future thinking Bid Manager, with commercial project management, EPC contracting or quantity surveying experience, with extensive experience for internal commercial management and customer contract negotiations.
Experience in either Energy Infrastructure or construction projects would be a huge advantage, which a strong understanding of technical and financial concepts.
Ability to facilitate a cooperative approach in a complex environment with cross-functional teams and a passion for development and lifelong learning!
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension, and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here or contact the recruiter.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time