Your new role as Key Expert “Decarbonization and resource efficiency” (f/m/d)
You will be responsible to develop the technology roadmap of the Research Group (RG) “Decarbonization and Resource Efficiency”. Our main focus is to improve the sustainability performance of Siemens portfolio as well as driving sustainability as a business by enhancing the Siemens portfolio. You will provide internationally recognized expert knowledge and contribute to the business impact by innovation projects and transfer of results into business.
How will you help change the future with us? This is your role;
You will be responsible to partner with all business units acquiring and executing research projects;
- Performing sustainability assessments for energy systems and urban infrastructure
- Developing measures and pathways for climate change mitigation & adoption in urban and industrial environment and determine its impacts
- Exploring new technologies and methods to improve sustainability performance
- Developing eco-methods & tools for energy & resource savings, climate, and air quality targets to be used in designing and operating unique infrastructure solutions.
- Defining short-term goals in the relevant projects and monitor progress and scientific excellence
- Foster digital solutions for climate neutrality, driving reference LCA models, maintaining LCA databases and software applications
- Expert contribution to and execution of R&D projects in cooperation with other RGs / TFs
- Transfer of results into BU’s to drive climate neutral solutions
- Establishing and supervision of external co-operations ensuring best in class contribution to the road “Sustainability for energy systems & urban infrastructure”
- The SKE will widen your scope as part of a network of experts inside of Siemens and in academia.
- You are also entrusted to present scientific results on national and international conferences and committees.
The skills you’ll bring to move the world forward.
- You’ve successfully completed your PhD in environmental engineering and/or 3-5 years of professional experience in related field.
- You are open to other programming languages / development environments, such as low-code platforms
- You have expertise in digital manufacturing & industrial processes
- You have profound competence in energy market, and energy & resource management
- You are familiar with environmental assessments (LCA) and environmental impact categories
- You have expertise in project management and requirements engineering in cross disciplinary projects
- You are a role model and inspire the project team: you work proactive, self-reliant, agile and in a result-oriented manner
- Fluency in German and English
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
- (http://www.siemens.com/careers) - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
- www.siemens.com/careers (http://www.siemens.com/careers) - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
- As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time