Corindus, A Siemens Healthineers Company is a global technology leader in robotic-assisted vascular interventions. The company's CorPath® system is the first FDA-cleared medical device to bring robotic-assisted precision to percutaneous coronary and peripheral interventions. Corindus is advancing the field of interventional medicine with robotics through improvements to procedural control, precision, and workflow.
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Robotics Engineering Co-Op student.
The Robotics Engineering co-op position will be a part of the advanced development team for next generation product capabilities. You will assist engineers with developing novel application for interventional robotic systems using model-based design of real-time software controls systems. You will assist in the simulation, implementation and integration of complex electromechanical systems. You will assist with simulating interventions, gathering and evaluation of image tracking data.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Robotics Engineering Co-Op student, you will be responsible for:
• Assisting in verification of industry leading control systems using software development best practices, including continuous software testing.
• Assisting in simulation of new design concepts, including hardware-in-the-loop
• Assisting with alpha production systems
• Utilizing state-of-the-art software tools and processes
• Assisting in running test protocols.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
• Programming experience with either MATLAB®, Simulink®, C or C++ is required
• Experience in image processing is preferred
• Proven analytical skills with robotic control algorithm development, and implementation is preferred
• Experience with distributed control systems, CAN, and EtherCAT fieldbus communication protocols preferred
Required skills to have for the success of this role
• Master’s or bachelor’s degree candidate in Electrical Engineering or Robotics is required
• The enrolling university must support internships and/or co-operative education programs
• Completion of at least one co-op or internship is required
• Must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 or higher
• Must be available to work full-time (up to 40 hours/week) for the entire co-op duration (January 2022 – August 2022)
• Must be local to the Waltham, MA office (50 miles or less); relocation/housing stipend will not be provided.
• Must feel comfortable working on site in the office and follow mandated COVID-19 protocols.
• Ability to self-motivate, stay organized, multitask and work under aggressive deadlines is preferred
• Strong communication and documentation skills are preferred
Start date: January 2022; 6-8 month duration.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.