At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Zone Revenue Recognition - Senior Manager
The Zone Revenue Recognition Senior Manager provides leadership, development and direction in structuring Siemens Industry Software multi-element transactions to comply with software revenue recognition rules with specific reference to IFRS 15 (Revenue from Contracts) and Siemens financial policies while maximizing revenue and providing solutions to complex sales issues. The Senior Manager provides this in the context of the entire Quote to Cash Value chain and therefore conveys enhanced risk awareness and deal optimization opportunities to the transaction. The Senior Manager also plays an active role in the integration activity of acquired companies.
Collaborating with Sales and Legal teams to provide revenue recognition guidance for large and complex multiple element arrangements, unique situations and new business models to determine the appropriate accounting treatment for revenue; Document revenue accounting treatment by summarizing the specifics of the transaction and overseeing the preparation of post deal documentation to support conclusions; Actively reviews, analyzes, and manages the key controls within the domain of responsibility to ensure compliance with legal and accounting requirements (IFRS, and Siemens Financial Policies); May direct activities of 1 or more Revenue Analyst; Exceptional awareness of upstream and downstream activities in the Quote to Cash process that may impair revenue recognition, with a particular focus on Order Processing and Credit & Collection Services; Actively driving planning and scoping Integration and Acquisition related activity.
- Supporting Country Finance, Sales and Legal teams to provide pre-execution revenue recognition advisory guidance for large and complex multiple element arrangements, unique situations and new business models
- Strong Awareness of the entire Quote to Cash value chain along with its interdependencies to ensure a more complete & holistic advisory service to the business
- Document revenue accounting treatment by summarizing the specifics of the transaction (Revenue Accounting Checklists) and overseeing the preparation of post deal documentation to support conclusions
- Reviewing Sales transactions for violations of Stand Alone Selling Price (SSP) and guiding sales on adjusting pricing approach to conform to SSP bandings;
- Proactively participating in leading the Quote to Cash related integration activities of acquired businesses
- Provide coaching and support to the Zone Revenue Analysts, Country Finance, and Sales teams to ensure policies are applied consistently across regions
- Actively reviews, analyses, and manages the key controls within the domain of responsibility to ensure compliance with legal and accounting requirements (IFRS, and Siemens Financial Policies)
- Develop training materials and provide ongoing training to business finance, sales and operation teams
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Exceptional understanding and practical application of Revenue Recognition rule (IFRS 15)
- 8+ years of experience in a finance function, specifically with Revenue Recognition and Software Sales support University degree and Professional Accounting certification (US CPA, CIMA, ACA, CIMA)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Apply common sense to situations and deal with variable and complex information
- Confident approach when dealing with internal and external customers
- Ability to work with and be a part of an international team
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- This role is office based at a Siemens location (typically Head office)
- Some amount of travel may be required <20%
- Due to Sales and Customer Service environment flexibility is needed, particularly toward monthly and quarterly close cycles.
Siemens Industry Software Inc. requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.