Siemens Logistics LLC is looking for a self-motivated individual to become a part of our Siemens Logistics Parcel Installation Team! This position requires mechanical, electrical and systems experience, and the ability to read blueprints and mechanical/electrical drawings. The Field Service Technician is responsible for preventative maintenance, commissioning, service, installation, software loading and network configuration, customer care & training. The Field Service Technician shall also be responsible for conducting daily site and equipment safety checks, performing a Job Hazard Analysis, and providing a daily status report to Management. Additional training on Siemens products will be provided.
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Primary Responsibilities of the Position Include:
• Ability to travel up to 75%, at a minimum to customers facilities to install, diagnose, commission and repair Siemens equipment.
• Travel may include weekend and overnight work as needed per the customer’s production schedule
• Work will be mostly mechanical & electrical in nature; including equipment installation, software/network configuration/upgrades, trial runs, investigative tests, repairs and overhauls.
• Interact with customers on a professional basis, communicating with customers regarding service and product issues.
• Understand issues and communicate them to other by means of drawings, photos, and reports.
• Provide remote support via phone calls, emails to other Field Service Engineers, management, engineering and the client as needed.
• Install and commissioning of Siemens equipment and provide training to the end user.
• Promote the companies service and parts programs and identify additional customer care opportunities.
• Adhere to internal processes and implementation of field service systems to improve the efficiency and department organization.
• Travel within North America, and the ability to pass Airport background checks will be required.
• Troubleshoots installation issues as requested by Siemens Management and Engineering.
• Enhance the company’s competitive position in the closing systems market.
• Assist the company in maintaining and improving relationships with key accounts.
• Demonstrate professional level skills to positively motivate, overcome barriers, and act as champion / change agent for continuous organizational improvement.
• Perform other duties as needed to support project installation and management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Summary of Qualifications:
Any combination of training and experience, which would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, will be considered and could include:
• At least three+ years’ experience in customer service on installation and maintenance in an industrial environment.
• A formal education/experience in mechanical, electronics, system upgrades or similar technical nature with focused on material handling systems.
• Technical aptitude, in both mechanical & electrical areas, with installation & controls theory understanding.
• Ability to read and understand technical documentation, drawings, and schematics.
• Results-oriented, self-confident, self-motivated, takes initiative, persistent
• Excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to develop and maintain effective customer relationships and collaborative business relationships.
• Natural customer centric orientation
• Presentation skills; persuasive written and verbal communication
• Computer skills: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability to travel regularly – 75% or more
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.