What is this Opportunity?
Siemens Smart Infrastructure has an opening for a dynamic Service Sales Rep to manage and grow our Southern Alberta area for our Building Automation Service Sales group. As Building Automation Service Sales Rep, your primary responsibility is to achieve booking and gross margin goals by developing and implementing plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities for assigned customers or territory and effectively handle the most sophisticated deals independently within our established guidelines.
Territories include: Calgary Area, Banff-Canmore Area, Lethbridge, and Medicine Hat.
What will you do?
- Develop new business relationships with End-User Clients to position and create a business case to utilize Siemens Smart Infrastructure solutions in their facilities and new construction projects.
- Responsible to maintain/expand these relationships within assigned, existing client accounts as well as create new customer relationships. Act as a Trusted Advisor to customers across their enterprises.
- Work directly with building owners to reduce energy consumption, improve the indoor environment, and extend the life of mechanical and electrical distribution equipment.
- Effectively perform needs assessments; develop sales proposals, estimates, specifications, and presentations. Work with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
- Assist customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services and recommend suitable resolutions accordingly.
- Work jointly with the multiple levels of the customer’s organization to understand and document their business goals and success metrics.
- Develop and maintain a qualified funnel of opportunities. Achieve new order/booking and profit goals. Deliver on forecasted results consistently.
- Prepare accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
- Participate in civic and professional organizations to build a network of contacts to advance achievement of sales targets. Actively participates in sales department meetings, workshops, and seminars.
- Keeps current on market business and product trends. Continue to pursue in-depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
- When managing current accounts, develop and deploy account management strategies and prepare annual technology roadmap for clients.
- Expand the value of assigned accounts for all Siemens Smart Infrastructure offerings.
Drives/coordinates new business across all product lines to meet objectives. Focus on customer retention and satisfaction/loyalty.
- Follow through on sold service agreements and projects to ensure satisfactory performance. Ensure a smooth sales-to-operations turnover, and monitor project execution. Assist in resolving installation, collections, and other customer satisfaction issues as needed.
- Travel - overnight up to 10% for training and business development.
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or a similar field.
- Ideally 3+ years of directly related HVAC Controls/Service Sales experience preferred however, we will also consider talented sales professionals with technical and business savviness utilizing critical thinking and influencing skills within other industries.
- Knowledge of competitive product capability is desirable.
- Knowledge of building mechanical systems.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical and financial expertise to effectively and independently estimate and sell Siemens Building Technologies solutions and service product lines.
- A valid Driver’s License in good standing.
- Must be willing and able to cover the following territories: Calgary Area, Banff-Canmore Area, Lethbridge, and Medicine Hat
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.