Job title: Lead Cloud DevOps Engineer
Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019 with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and authoritative specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand!
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our Digitalization Technology and Services (DTS), team based in Bangalore and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories!
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Deployment management, and maintenance of web applications.
- Ensuring availability, performance, and security, of the applications.
- System troubleshooting and problem resolution across various application domains and platforms.
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats by following, Pre-production acceptance testing for quality assurance.
- Providing recommendations for architecture and process improvements.
- Supervising the applications and understand the logging to seek issues
- Build opportunities to improve productivity and efficiency with lower costs, reduce non-conformance costs
- Responsible for Performance Management Process e.g., target setting, evaluation, and proficiency development
- Encourage partnership within own team and between teams, seek sources of information, initiate lesson learned workshops (Knowledge Management), Institute, maintain, optimize, and automate internal processes
- You will Implement, Innovate DevOps processes, solutions, and tools by using Dev-Ops experience
- Coordinates activities with the developers, architects, onsite partners and Application Managers/Experts and controls execution according to the guidelines, Maintaining of Application Server [Tomcat/JBoss/WebSphere].
- You will be responsible for the responsibility of Securing AWS cloud environment. VPC Data Protection, Infrastructure Security etc...
- You will provide AWS Infrastructure designing and review and Lead and coordinate AWS cloud.
We don’t need hard workers, just super minds
- You must have BE / B.Tech / MCA / ME / M.Tech qualification with 8-12 years of confirmed ability?
- Strong hands-on track record in administering, maintaining and developing application hosting environments in AWS and/or Azure.
- Experienced in multi-cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP) and on-prem
- DevOps processes and system services (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Git, CI/CD)
- Understanding of microservice architecture
- Confirmed ability to write programs using a high-level programming languages or scripting, such Java, Python, Shell, Golang, etc.
- Internet traffic management, including redundancies, load balancing, threat mitigation and failover procedures
- High cyber security requirements and implementation
- Server software and configuration management (Linux, containers)
- System software set-up and monitoring for servers based on open-source de-facto standards
- Building and taking care of high availability and high scalability systems
- Experience designing and building CI/CD pipeline with tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, and Kubernetes toolset (e.g, kubectl, kustomize).
- Experience with logging infrastructure and using tools such as Splunk, Logstash, or Kibana.
- Experience with Kafka, Cassandra
- Working with scripting and automation technologies (e.g. Ansible, Puppet)
- Experienced in pricing optimization for the cloud infra
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about
Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time