Become the driving force of digital transformation!
Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization. Joining our Digital Enterprise Services team means you’ll have the opportunity to impact the complete value chain from classic product related services (support services, learning services, field service, maintenance, and upgrades) to innovative data-based services (cyber security, analytical services, and cloud technology) which let customers leverage opportunities in the digitalization era. The overall goal of Digital Enterprise Services is to support customers in increasing plant availability, production quality, and enhance productivity.
In the Service Delivery role, you will support industrial automation products in the area of industrial learning services.
Success as a Service Delivery Consultant depends on:
Cognitive Flexibility – Support customers across traditional learning, support, service, and data analysis functions. You will have to remain agile and shift across these roles as customer demands and team resources change.
Customer Focus – Deliver product and systems support including install, commissioning, maintenance, and evaluation of customer equipment and systems. Provide customized service during scheduled and emergency situations remotely or onsite and provide 2nd and 3rd level user support. Not only are you considered the expert, but you effectively transfer this knowledge to customers through individual / group technical learning courses that you curate from external vendors or develop and maintain yourself. Your customer focus allows you to learn about customers’ needs and uncover new business opportunities and service offerings for Siemens.
Problem Solving – Use your Critical thinking and detailed systems analysis / evaluation techniques to assess trace and diagnostic information, recommend solutions or next steps, and guide field service personnel or other specialists to solve issues. Initiate improvements by escalating towards the next higher level (e.g. Development or Subject Matter Expert’s) if required. May analyze and enrich data by deploying various kinds of data analytic methods while diagnosing, clarifying, and resolving technical problems.
Active Learner – Learning & development is foundational as you seek to improve your own knowledge and skill set, while also utilizing proven learning strategies to enrich the team and customers you interact with.
Complex System Thinking – You can view systems or processes from a broad perspective that includes seeing overall structures, patterns and cycles in systems/processes, rather than seeing only specific components.
General Trainer Job Description:
• Conducts individual and group technical training courses and activities for employees and customers.
• Identifies customer’s needs.
• Evaluates and obtains training programs and materials from external vendors.
• Completes development of new course materials.
• Prepares cost calculation of trainings.
• Performs trainings or organizes and supervises trainings services for clients.
• Reviews feedback and modifies/revises course materials as instructed.
• May provide technical support in case of complaints.
- Is expected to integrate processes and results from other workflows and disciplines to develop and accountably propose appropriate and effective solutions for significant parts of solutions.
- Deep professional know-how and experience in one Sub Job Family. Masters domain. Transfers and applies know-how to / in various contexts. Solid professional judgment and problem-solving competence. Improves existing processes and approaches.
- Provide general guidance or train support and/or professional staff.
Specific Role / Responsibilities
• Organizes and coordinates virtual class delivery with 3rd party supplier.
• Conducts virtual instructor-led classes via Sitrain virtual classroom.
• Maintains / develops courseware as identified by customer and business needs.
• Review student critiques and identify needed changes to course content / delivery for incorporation in future class courseware.
• Updates Sitrain courseware from Sitrain HQ.
Minimum qualifications required for consideration:
• AA or AS in a technical field (engineering, instructional design, teaching, maintenance, mechatronics, etc.), or related equivalent experience (be specific) (must list minimum HS diploma if Bachelors is not required)
• 5+ years experience in industrial automation and digitalization instruction
• Deep professional know-how and experience in at least one role of Field Service, Learning Services, Customer Support, and/or Data Analytics - Preferred candidates will have expertise in multiple roles
• Demonstrated application of the core skills listed above
• Ability to travel up to 50%
• Preferred Siemens technology in automation, drives or controls
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.