Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Mechanical Engineering Intern.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Mechanical Engineering Intern, you will be responsible for:
• Participate in and/or conduct testing of fluidics mechanical systems prototypes
• Gain experience in the creation and execution of engineering test plans and data collection and analysis.
• Review and assess mechanical drawings of components and assemblies.
• Collaborate with and support the engineers in their testing and design efforts.
• Create and/or review test plans of complex mechanical systems
• Support the assembling and tuning of complex test setups and test plans execution
• Participate in the collection of data and in their analysis, create test reports
• Participate in the review and analysis of mechanical drawings of components and assemblies
• Support and participate in the debugging of mechanical prototypes
• Participate into the identification of design improvements
Required skills to have for the success of this role
• You have very good presentation skills in the customer environment, and you show team orientation, communication skills, and customer orientation
• Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s (rising junior or senior) or Master’s program studying mechanical engineering or related field
• Must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 or higher
• Must be comfortable working in a fully virtual environment
• F1 visa students will be considered for this role
• Must be available to work full time in the summer (up to 40 hours/week) and part time during the academic terms (up to 20 hours/week)
• Technical skills: basic knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word, basic knowledge of mechanical engineering concepts and of manufacturing processes
• Experience with 3D CAD software, coursework in mechanics, materials science, fluid dynamics, heat transfer
Preferred skills to have for the success of this role
• Hands on experience in running mechanical test fixtures
• Experience with sensors and data acquisition electronics, e.g. data loggers, thermistors, encoders
• Previous experience with the creation of mechanical drawings
• Coursework in: strength of materials, thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, statistics, dynamics
Start Date: May/June 2022; 12-month duration
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.