We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us as a Business Development Manager within our Rolling Stock Traction Drives business in Leeds. In this key role, you will address the needs of both established and new clients to develop the Traction Drives business in the UK and Ireland.
We are ideally looking for someone who is based locally to Leeds or Goole (the role will be relocating to our brand-new Goole factory in 2022). Siemens have adopted the “new normal” working hours and working from home is possible however due to the nature of the role, travel within the UK and Ireland will be needed for most part of the week (3-4 days a week).
This is your role
- Support and drive the Traction Drives business by identifying and developing customer service opportunities with target customers
- Develop, collate and draft detailed pre-qualification and bid documentation in response to customer tenders. Work with commercial / legal colleagues to facilitate the negotiation of the Commercial Terms and Conditions for these contracts
- Visit customers, possibly in coordination with Regional Sales, and drive deals through negotiation to closure
- Actively support Regional Sales in service sales planning on account and opportunity level for the traction drives portfolio in defined regions
- Use the Siemens CRM tool to document and report on business opportunity pipeline and successful sales. Support the Regional Sales team in Business Target planning on an annual basis and in monthly forecasting
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Someone with experience in product sales and experience in the sale of service contracts
- Understanding of engineering and service sales (ideally with technical engineering bias) in the manufacturing or engineering industry
- Experience negotiating contracts, SLAs and supply agreements
- Ability to manage multi-party stakehold and get projects over the line
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with customers at all levels
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and dynamic person who has the ability to work to their own initiative as well as working as part of a team
- Experience and expertise in the rail service industry and the respective service processes (preferred)
- Experience in working with a variety of rail industry customers (preferred)
- Qualified to HNC/Degree or equivalent in Engineering or a business-related discipline (preferred)
- Technical knowledge & expertise of gearboxes, motors or fan systems is desirable but not essential
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time