We are Siemens
Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
The promise of a digital future…today. With the digital twin, Siemens Digital Industries Software blurs the boundaries between the virtual and physical, hardware and software, design and manufacturing worlds. For more information about us visit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mVLaUyO4U
What we’re looking for
Our Chippenham based Opcenter APS development team are interested in speaking with experienced Software Engineers who would be excited to help us solve some of the complex issues that face the manufacturing industry.
As our Principal Software Engineer, you will take the lead on architecting and investigating solutions to keep the Opcenter APS software at the forefront industry trends. If you live and breathe software architecture and wish to help us as we transition from a desktop product to a cloud-based SaaS solution then we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing
- Designing, developing, and maintaining innovative manufacturing software within an agile team using lean values.
- Acting as Technical Lead on projects that span multiple areas of a product.
- Creating and implementing software designs which may involve significant re-architecture of existing product areas.
- Helping to set the technical direction of existing and future products.
- Mentoring junior engineers and introducing them to new technology and areas of knowledge.
What you’ll bring
- Expertise in Windows applications written in both C++ and C#, using technology such as COM, WPF and Direct2D.
- An understanding of Windows internals, debugging tools, and performance profilers.
- The desire to explore new areas of technology including AWS, microservices, edge computing and machine learning.
- Ability to work without supervision on the most complex projects and with complete latitude for independent judgement and technical expertise.
- Expertise in understanding complex codebases that span hundreds of files and tens of thousands of lines of code.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, roles, and geographical and time zone boundaries.
Join our Digital World
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We have some of the smartest minds working across the world, re-imagining the future and doing extraordinary things. Join our Talent Community today and let's stay connected in areas that interest you: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/jobs/digital-minds.html
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time