Are you a forward-thinking and cool-headed undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of engineering management? Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future in engineering? So do we. We believe our intern development programme differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey... If yes start your engineering career with us at Siemens!
This is a rare opportunity to earn whilst showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.The Challenge
Embark on your 12 month placement with us whilst taking part in our fantastic intern development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you to develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it you will be set up with the best knowledge to equip you for your professional career in engineering.
You will support The Head of Engineering who leads a small team of engineering experts whom oversee the safe delivery of all Siemens Rail Automation Engineering projects across the UK.
We assure safety critical signalling software design, telecommunications, networks, civil engineering, SCADA, electrical and plant engineering.
Our centralised function manages around 1000 design, project engineering, testing and commissioning resources across the UK and is accountable for managing the business management system processes for all things engineering.
- Assist in delivering digitalisation projects and work-packages.
- Develop knowledge and skills in the preparation of engineering plans, specifications and system design to ensure these are delivered to time, quality, and cost parameters.
- Build a working knowledge of our products, systems and strategies for implementation.
- Participate in the Continuous Improvement of engineering processes by identifying efficiencies in project engineering while promoting engineering excellence, through the adoption of new processes tools and methods of working.
- Shadow the Head of Engineering at meetings, workshops, technical visits and safety tours.
- Gain knowledge of specified technical and non-technical business functions.
- Support your own objectives as agreed with the Head of Engineering.
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds.
- You must be working towards an engineering, software, or a technology based degree.
- Delivery focused.
- Safety culture aware - to be able to influence and develop an existing safety culture to latest generation thinking and practice.
- Strong and effective communicator across peer group within the company and customers.
- Must be willing to fill gaps in own knowledge and experience through taking a pro-active approach to learning, and seeking information from within and outside the company.
What else do I need to know?
You will need to go where this journey takes you. Alongside your role, the intern development programme www.siemens.co.uk/interns will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for forward-thinking team players with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of engineering. Join us and apply now.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £18,500 per annum. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time