The Tessent product family seeks a highly motivated, creative, and energetic individual as a Product Engineer, specializing in DFT. Tessent is the market and technology leader of automated tools for insertion of semiconductor design-for-test (DFT) structures, automatic test pattern generation (ATPG), embedded deterministic compression (EDT), and diagnosis-driven yield analysis (DDYA). This position presents a phenomenal opportunity to stay involved technically while getting exposure to sales and marketing at the same time. This role will focus on our Tessent product usage for devices with multiple die in one package such as 3DIC. Hierarchical DFT and IJTAG infrastructure will be employed.
Interfaces with mid-level customers, engineers, and managers to develop or enhance complex computer-aided engineering design or manufacturing processes. Uses complex design and tooling tasks involving multiple design environments. Cogently communicates software problems to product development. Works through DFT methodologies such as embedded compression, memory BIST, IJTAG, and other DFT functions. DFT test generation and ATPG and debug of DFT issues. Responsible for in-depth technical papers and presentations to customers. Works with minor supervision on complex projects with latitude for independent judgment and discretion.
- Drive product adoption.
- Build and deliver in-depth technical presentations, develop training material, white papers, contributed articles, and application notes.
- Work with customers as well as Siemens EDA stakeholders such as regional application engineers, global support engineers, and marketing.
- Work through complex technical issues and independently create solutions and new methodologies.
- Explain complex principles in simple terms to broad audiences.
- Some travel, domestic and international.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field is required.
- Knowledge of design languages, tool usage, Design flow steps required
- Must have 5-8 years of experience and at least 2+ years of experience in DFT or SoC design for complex ASICs / SOCs. Experience in the following areas a plus:
- embedded compression, memory built-in self-test (MBIST), IEEE 1687 IJTAG, boundary scan (BSCAN), hierarchical DFT implementation.
- Proficiency in a scripting language like TCL.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Knowledge of IC design trends and emerging requirements.
- Proficiency in LINUX and Windows environments.
- Preferred location is Wilsonville, OR but other locations can be considered
For candidates in the United States: Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted you will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
For Candidates in Canada: Siemens Industry Software Inc. requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.