Are you a forward-thinking and cool-headed undergraduate with an eye for engineering, are you ready to take your next steps in the world of engineering? Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future? So do we. We believe our graduate programme differs from other schemes. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey... If yes start your engineering career with us at Siemens!
This is a rare opportunity to earn money whilst showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.The Challenge
- Undertaking signalling power supply designs for various re-signalling project throughout the UK.
- Ensure that the technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of power distribution system design, installation and testing work in order that successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Ensure that the design, construction and testing targets are met and effective remedial action on power distribution systems as instructed by the Project Engineering Manager to ensure successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Undertake work Package management duties for signalling power and other plant items as required by the project including management of sub-contractors.
- Oversee management of key sub contracts (in conjunction with project Work Package Managers and Commercial Staff).
- Ensure the project programme is updated on a weekly basis (in conjunction with Planner).
- Prepare a weekly progress report on entire project.
- Attend progress and design review meetings as required.
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or Power Engineering
- Working knowledge of Network Rail and British/European Standards.
- Personnel Track Safety (PTS) training
- Ability to work to tight timescales
- Experience of Low Voltage distribution systems (design, installation and testing practices),
- Understanding of traditional 650V IT systems for signalling power supplies.
- Understanding of redundant backup power supply systems.
- Knowledge of electrical power engineering principles.
- Good communication and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - ability to deliver key messages efficiently and
- Effectively, tailoring the approach to the audience as appropriate, in order to promote action.
- Full UK Driving license.
What else do I need to know?
This role will be based at our HQ in Chippenham for the first year and York for the second year. You will need to go where this journey takes you. Alongside your role, the graduate development programme www.siemens.co.uk/grads will teach you softer skills such as communication, teamwork, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for forward-thinking team players with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of engineering. Think this is you?Apply Now.
The benefits package for this role includes a salary of £28,000 per annum, and an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time