Company Background and Motivation
Today the energy world is changing to become carbon neutral. And renewable energy production has already grown to levels never thought possible. Distributed Energy Resources are growing 7-fold and by the end of this decade decentralized power generation will catch up with conventional generation. Utility companies realize that yesterday’s solutions are not going to provide the answers to tomorrow’s challenges. As they shape the future of their IT/OT systems, they realize that they need agile thinking and an IT focus on their operations to provide energy reliably, efficiently, and cyber secure. This is the opportunity that we are leveraging.
As market leader in Grid Software and Consulting incl. meter data management, grid control and simulation, Siemens is in a prime position to tap into this opportunity. Our mission is to accelerate and secure the energy transition by supporting grid operators as well as industry and infrastructure players to master the according challenges in the smartest way.
Are you interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse which empowers employee creativity to positively change, challenge, and influence our business and customer relationships? Are you looking for new ways to apply your technology background? Are you passionate about accelerating the energy transition? This is your opportunity.
What are your responsibilities?
- Product Manager for a cloud software for utilities to ensure reliable, compliant and efficient energy system operation
- Drive the product launch and growth as an entrepreneur for global markets
- Analyze customer requirements and develop a value-driven roadmap to constantly innovate the product
- Be the business owner including responsibility for the overall business case and business operations, incl. commercial and legal setup
- Serve a global customer base and work closely with other product managers as well as various other key departments such as Sales and Marketing
- Work in an agile environment and closely collaborate with the R&D team
- Key Driver for cloud and IT innovation strategy for a broad portfolio
- Define and drive the implementation of the cloud and related IT innovation/architecture strategy
- Identify key use cases and develop business models maximizing customer value
- Define and manage partnerships with international IT providers
- Lead cross-functional teams to collaborate on IT innovations or new offerings
- Closely work with other products managers and other domain experts as an adviser and cloud expert in the product management team
What do you need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor degree preferably in computer science, or alternatively in electrical engineering or industrial engineering
- At least 5 years of professional experience as product manager for B2B cloud applications and services, having successfully launched a cloud product/service
- Extensive and demonstrated knowledge of cloud technologies and software architecture
- Successfully demonstrated customer proximity and practical experience in exploring market/user needs, market segmentation and developing new business models
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills combined with solid intuition on what’s pragmatically feasible
- Ability to communicate complex issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Be highly collaborative, intrinsically motivated, and inspire others with a positive attitude
- Have excellent English oral and written communication and presentation skills
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
What sets you apart from other applicants?
- You have practical and demonstrated experienced with agile methods in software development (e.g., SAFe certification)
- You have a good understanding of the energy industry
- You have successfully worked in a globally distributed team
- You embrace a growth mindset, e.g. are always curious to learn, and comfortable to apply new skills and initially unfamiliar concepts
- German language skills is a plus
* This can be a remote, home-office based position based on the Eastern Continental US. It does not have to be located in the city posted.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.