Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as an Engineering Technician (Machinist).
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As an Engineering Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Working within a process support team to repair automated manufacturing equipment used to produce medical diagnostic consumable devices.
- Working on both new design and existing machine upgrades to improve performance and efficiency.
- Providing routine off-hour process support for mechanical equipment issues, typically one week in every 12 to 13 weeks, or as required.
- Supporting the engineering team to produce machined parts or design jigs & fixtures to be used in a production environment.
- Reverse engineer and machine components as needed.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You have expert knowledge to operate machine tools such as conventional lathes and milling machines, to cut and produce precision parts to blueprint tolerances.
- Experience machining a range of materials including 300 series stainless steel, aluminum, Delrin, UHMW, PVC.
- You have the ability to read detailed engineering part drawings and system assembly drawings.
- You have the capability to manage multiple priorities successfully while working on multiple projects.
- You have a working knowledge and application experience with Lean business systems and methodologies such as TPM, 5S, Lean 3P Design, & OEE Monitoring.
- You are self-motivated and enjoy developing mechanical solutions to standardize manual work.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Degree from a state approved journeyman program or receipt of an associate degree in machine technology, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience; working in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products is required. Ability to utilize CAD 3D design software such as SolidWorks or Siemens NX is beneficial.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for all new hires by their start date. (Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons).
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.