Responsible for picking and packing of customer orders. Supporting the movement of freight, stock, supplies and other materials from one area to another, loading and unloading items onto trucks, shelves or pallets.
- Operates tools and equipment common to the material handling trade (e.g. manual and powered sit-down and stand-up industrial trucks, hand truck).
- Provides material handling support to warehouse, quality and production departments to ensure on time receipt and delivery of material.
- Safe and damage-free movement of material by use of pallet trucks, forklift trucks, or other material handling equipment.
- Diagnose basic inventory discrepancies and shipping problems.
- Has knowledge of material handling work procedures, Bill-of-Material lists, pick lists, quality documentation, and protocols.
- Pulls packaged and palletized parts from Front Line for shipment.
- Conduct cycle counts as needed.
- Works with machine operators to stage and set up material.
- Cleans and maintains equipment, work area and back yard shipping area to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
- Responsible for accurately picking and shipping customer orders.
- Performs other work as directed by Supervision, Quality and production team leads and senior assembly personnel.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 2-3 years forklift experience a plus
- 2-3 years warehouse experience
- 2-3 years picking, packing, shipping / receiving experience
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- SAP & RF Scanner experience a plus
- Must have good attendance points (internal and contingent worker employees).
- High School Diploma/GED
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
**Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored visa work authorization.**
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase efficiency and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.