Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
Then come and join our global team as Software Engineer for AI/ML in the field of magnetic resonance tomography, and work in an agile development environment to develop customized software solutions that bring significant advantages to our customers.
This position can be either full-time or part-time (min. 30 h/week).
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You will be part of an interdisciplinary team made up of MR application specialists and software developers, and you will shape the development and productization of AI-based software solutions for our customer base
- You will combine your understanding of MR imaging (data acquisition, image reconstruction and workflow) with expertise in AI methods and will use this knowledge to design and implement new, accelerated imaging procedures and workflow optimizations
- You understand how different system platforms and field strengths influence AI methods and will develop solutions for our portfolio
- You will drive the continuous improvement of our AI-based methods in terms of the reliability, computing speed and quality of the results
- You will work on the productization and training of neural networks in collaboration with our clinical partners
- You will also live the agile software development process in an agile development team
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at Magnetresonanztomographie
Your qualifications and experience:
- You have successfully completed a master's degree in IT, physics or a comparable course of studies, and you have already accumulated several years of professional experience in the field of data science and artificial intelligence
- Alternatively you have a PhD in this field
- You have several years of experience with imaging methods, ideally in the field of magnetic resonance tomography
- You have a very good knowledge of deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch and TensorFlow and can demonstrate a good knowledge of C++. You have already proven your skills in the development of complex AI-based solutions
- Practical experience in large software projects with modern development processes in the field of medical technology would be desirable
Your attributes and skills:
- As a member of our agile team, teamwork is important to you and ideally you are familiar with agile development methods
- You can effectively communicate complex issues, technical decisions and information both to experts with a technical focus and also to specialists with a clinical focus
- You also understand complex problems, for which you can develop new software solutions. Your persuasiveness enables you to ensure that they are implemented
- You have strong quality awareness and you enjoy developing products that represent significant added value
- Because you will be working with international team members and our working documents are in English, you have a business-fluent spoken and written command of this language. Our team language is German, so you will also have very good German language skills
Our global team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 66,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/de/careers
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities.
Wish to find out more before applying? Contact us: +49 (9131) / 17 – 1717, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Franziska Gubesch.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open. Click here to get started.
Siemens Healthineers Germany was awarded the Great Place to Work® certificate.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare GmbH
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Either