Siemens, the leading global engineering and technology services company, has been active in the United Kingdom for over 170 years. We provide innovative solutions to help tackle the UK’s major challenges, across the key sectors of energy, industry, infrastructure & cities and healthcare. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 12 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices.
Within Siemens Mobility Limited, we are looking for an Assistant Test Engineer to be based out of Croydon. The role will support the Rail Infrastructure business around London and the South East and there will also be opportunities to support UK wide also.
The ideal candidate will be a verification tester (mod 3C) or Assistant Tester (mod 5) but we will supply training to this level.
- Ensure health, safety and environmental requirements are complied with both at the site depot and work sites.
- Promote a zero accident / incident culture and environment.
- Manage their testing and commissioning activities in accordance with the project programme and budget requirements.
- Ensure that their testing and commissioning is carried out and recorded in accordance with correct and up to date drawings, plans, specifications and computer software and data
- Ensure that the quality of the testing and commissioning is in accordance with SRA, client, manufacturers and legal procedures, processes, regulations and standards.
- Liaise with the Site Manager and installation engineers in respect of installation issues associated with testing.
- Certify the system and / or systems are fit for purpose.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- HNC/HND/Degree/ONC/NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- IRSE Licence as Verification Tester or Assistant Tester - Desirable
- Experience in site testing of mainline or metro railway signalling projects for the testing and commissioning period of the project lifecycle - Desirable
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time