Siemens Mobility is looking for a control panel administrator to join our team in Northhampton.
The successful candidate will act as control panel operative and set the route to ensure rolling stock is moved around the depot in a safe manner and conduct data entry tasks for the maintenance management system.
What are my responsibilities?
- When instructed by the Depot Controller (DC), set depot infrastructure for depot train movements. Liaise with the DC through two way radio
- Record all depot arrivals and departures. Work as part of the depot team, responding to requirements and Supervisor instruction, to ensure the depot is running
- Raise work reports from Maintenance Management System (MMS) as work is identified from the maintenance teams or from Genius/E2M. Update the MMS with fleet specific information as required.
- Implement safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility. Understand, implement and comply with the Siemens Rolling Stock HSEW
- My responsibilities may vary from time to time in accordance with changes to business needs. My annual objective setting with your line manager will outline any additional responsibilities to meet business requirements or individual development needs for the forthcoming financial
- Qualified to an intermediate level in Microsoft Excel and Word, or demonstrates equivalent competency
- Accurate data input skills
- Effective organisational and time
- management skills Good communication skills
- both oral and written Good attention to detail
- Aptitude for understanding technical information is desirable and will be developed as part of the role
- Successful completion of the Depot Controllers training course
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Safety critically assessed
Important to note
We currently are recruiting for day shift with the option for alternate shift pattern/rotation, subject to requirements.
Due to the requirements to comply with legal responsibilities imposed on us by the Working Time Regulations, ROGS Regulations and other Railway Group Standards, we advise that successful candidates are based up to 1 hour from the depot.
During the selection process, Siemens use specific criteria in line with our grading framework to ascertain where you would sit within our Technician structure. Siemens will make you an offer at the level deemed appropriate from performance throughout the selection and assessment process.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time