Senior Process Development Engineer
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together!
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 66,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Our Point of Care Diagnostics Research & Development department is looking for new talent to strengthen our team in Eindhoven
Join us now at Siemens Healthineers as Senior Process Development Engineer to work together with our multidisciplinary teams developing point-of-care medical diagnostics solutions. As Process and equipment development team we develop and optimize the production process for disposable cartridges for use in our handheld blood analysis device that enables near patient blood testing in the acute care setting. The production process has been developed within the Research and Development department in Eindhoven and one of our production lines has been transferred to our production site in the US while a second production line has been retained in Eindhoven for research and development activities
• Development of in depth knowledge on the entire production process for disposable cartridges and related intermediate products
• Work as Process development lead in multidisciplinary teams on new product introductions on our current platform
• Safeguard manufacturability and scalability of new process steps
• Initiate and coordinate continuous improvement program to optimize efficiency and minimize variation through the complete production process of existing products
• Ensure effective communication across functions on a global basis
• Active support of transfer of new products/processes from R&D to manufacturing, which may involve occasional travel to US.
• Follow new developments in manufacturing technologies (e.g. low volume liquid dispensing)
• Play an active role in development of new product lines
We are looking for:
• MSc or PhD degree in Chemical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Physics or equivalent .
• At least 10+ years of experience in Process development, preferably in In-Vitro Diagnostics or Medical Device industry. Familiar with GMP practices
• Knowledgeable on DIDOV and DMAIC methodologies on green-belt or black belt level
• Self-motivated and disciplined to get the job done.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken form.
• Team-player with excellent communication and technical skills in multi-disciplinary environments.
• Pro-active attitude with a can-do mentality.
• A diverse position within a multinational company
• Working in multidisciplinary teams towards meaningful innovation
• Room for own initiatives
• Attractive primary and secondary benefits
• Attractive work environment at High Tech Campus Eindhoven
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.