Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Biochemist 2, Assay Product Development R&D
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Biochemist 2, you
will be responsible for:
- You will apply scientific and statistical principles inside and outside of the laboratory to accomplish a wide variety of technical applications for in vitro diagnostic (IVD) assay development
- You will assist with assay verification, validation, and routine testing on automated analyzers following written protocols
- You may assist with investigation of the performance of raw materials to use in the manufacturing process for IVD products.
- You will assist in developing designs for a variety of products, processes, and components.
- You will assist with preparing documentation needed to accomplish routine technical assignments.
This position may suit you best if you are
familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with
- You have experience operating automated clinical laboratory analyzers and handling potentially biohazardous material.
- You have strong PC skills (MS Office software like Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and especially Excel)
- You possess strong laboratory skills, good organizational skills, troubleshooting skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- You have experience in preparing reports, charts, graphs, and other documents which are technical in nature
- You enjoy troubleshooting and brainstorming problems and thinking of innovative solutions
- You have good presentation skills in the technical environment, and you show team orientation and good communication skills.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required in chemistry, biochemistry, biology or medical technology
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in a related field
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for all new hires by their start date.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.