Explore our Digital World
Do you want to create technologies that transform the everyday for billions of people? Our digital careers offer the opportunity to shape the next era of growth and innovation, challenging ourselves to build a better future. By creating groundbreaking technologies that transform our world, we need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Picture yourself in the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
As a new Siemens team member joining our Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) segment, you will manage and ensure the good functioning of the Security Operations Center (SOC) for our external clients. As a critical team member and technical subject matter expert, you will oversee all operations of the SOC and be highly engaged with customers from the scope/service agreement creation stage to the incident management and response step while ensuring compliance to SLA. The SOC Manager will be managing the day-to-day of the Security Operations Center and staffing.
We are looking for an exceptional team player, self-starter, analytical individual with great communication skills as well as remarkable problem-solving and leadership skills. In addition, to be successful in this role, you must possess a strong technical background and extensive experience working in a SOC environment. This position is located in Fredericton, NB and preference will be given to candidates located or willing to relocate in Fredericton.
- Responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of the Security Operations Center including ensuring staff schedule is in place for 24/7 operation
- Monitor and manage customer SLA compliance for the SOC
- Measure SOC performance metrics
- Lead monthly/quarterly review of SOC metrics with clients
- Work independently and/or collaboratively with management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation
- Revise and develop processes to strengthen the current Security Operations Framework and review policies
- Act as liaison between the customers and technical team in a manner to create a positive working relationship resulting in customer satisfaction
- Facilitate workshops with industry stakeholders discussing trends, current security operations performance and security objectives
- Support with the documentation of incident response workflow
- Manage the escalation process and reviews incident reports
- Train and coach technical team members/analysts
- Contribute to improve ongoing activities to support process implementation
- Support Security Analysts with the monitoring of security alerts for various IT and OT assets within a 9am to 5pm or 24/7 operational environments
- Assist with l triaging of triggered alerts to identify potential security incidents and threats
- Support business development activities and perform pre-sales support activities as needed
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in a similar role
- Minimum of height (8) years of hands-on information security experience in an enterprise environment
- Extensive knowledge of information security fundamentals and Security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, threat vectors, risk management and incident response processes and management
- All additional cybersecurity certifications will be considered a strong asset
- Experience with automating processes using shell scripting and programming languages such as Python is an asset
- Strong stakeholder management skills to have urgent topics addressed in a timely manner
- Previous experience of network administration in an enterprise environment such as static routing, IPSEC and SSL VPNs, L3 switches, network firewalls, application proxies, implementation of various security controls following defense-in-depth concept will be considered a strong asset
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.