Your new role Senior Research Scientist (f/m/d) - Embedded Security Testing
Passion and creativity for innovation? Hop right in.
Siemens Technology is the central in-house research unit at Siemens and as such occupies an outstanding position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It acts as a strategic partner to support the executive units with R&D services, protect the company’s intellectual property, and coordinates the collaboration with top universities worldwide and supports its standardization activities in all business units and regions. Through its R&D activities in Germany, USA, China, India, Russia, Japan and Eastern Europe, Technology helps secure the company's technological future and strengthen its ambition.
We make real what matters. This is your role.
- In your new role as a senior research scientist in embedded security testing you perform security assessments of Siemens embedded / industrial IoT products and bring your offensive perspective into the design of such systems
- You manage projects and funded research activities and develop new technologies and methods in the fields of embedded security and embedded hacking
- You apply R&D results in projects with Siemens business units, such as security assessments / penetration tests, and contribute to the development of new services and offers
- You drive cooperation with national and international partners, both internally and at universities and research institutions
- You provide technical consulting to Siemens business units on embedded security topics
- You actively share your know-how within our team and supervise interns and working students
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- You have successfully completed a masters or PhD degree in cyber security, computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent in related fields.
- Besides, you already gained 5+ years of professional and project management experience in the field of cyber security
- You have a solid understanding of state-of the-art cyber security concepts and extensive expertise in penetration testing, embedded hacking, and binary analysis
- You are familiar with security robustness and supply-chain security challenges
- Experience in software programming (e.g., C, Python…) and knowledge in Linux OS and industrial communication protocols are a plus
- In addition, you have professional experience in applied research and in the transfer of R&D results into prototypes and customer offers
- You distinguish yourself by an innovative mindset, openness to address new topics, very good communication skills, strong customer orientation, with a high degree of personal initiative and a team-player mindset
- Your English and preferably German language skills are business ﬂuent
www.siemens.com/careers (http://www.siemens.com/careers) - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time